Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Large and wide shoes

malky800

Post Thu, Aug 13 2015, 5:07 pm
my 11 year old daughter has very large feet. Since she takes after her father, I have no idea how to shop for shoes for her.
Right now we are at size 10 ladies, and it needs to be wide.
I used to be able to get sketchers , and they just stretched on her feet.
and payless tends to have something decent in shabbos shoe stuff.

But I really want to get her something sensible, doesn't cost a fortune, since she is still growing, and that she can feel comfortable with.
Any suggestions on where on earth I can get shoes that look decent at that size?
and please don't suggest anything like flat ballerina shoes. Her feet just fall out of the sides.

justcallmeima

Post Thu, Aug 13 2015, 6:05 pm
I highly recommend crocs. They have shoes that look like flats but feel like crocs. They have many different styles and colours. They are SUPER comfortable and supportive and look like regular shoes. (Not all styles look like regular shoes, but they do have many styles, I'm sure your daughter will find something she likes.) Sometimes at this time of year they have a buy one get one free sale. Note that they stretch a lot- so if she's a 10, she will probably be better off with a 9. I wear an 11 and bought a pair of size 11 crocs that quickly became too big. I now buy only size 10. They do fade sooner than leather shoes, but they remain super comfortable.

Amarante

Post Thu, Aug 13 2015, 6:49 pm
Have you checked zappos? You can put in "wide" as a search along with color, style, size etc. and see what comes up.

momx6

Post Thu, Aug 13 2015, 7:34 pm
I'm a 10.5 extra extra wide and I wear SAS black patent shoes with a buckle. They come in lots of colors. I think the style is called metro.

malky800

Post Fri, Aug 28 2015, 12:07 am
Someone suggested New Balance sneakers.
they look like they are a fortune online.
Anyone knows where to get them cheaper?

Ruchel

Post Fri, Aug 28 2015, 6:33 am
Newlook has wide

naftala

Post Fri, Aug 28 2015, 11:34 am
I am a 10 wide, and I buy almost all of my shoes on Zappos.com. You can search by size, width, type of shoe and even limit your search by price. I get free shipping, and free shipping to return if the shoes don't work for me. (I tend to wear the Vionic brand, but that can get a little pricey.) I live OOT, but if there is a Nordstrom Rack by you, they also often carry wide-width shoes that won't break the bank.

almost

Post Fri, Aug 28 2015, 2:29 pm
I have worn Cloudwalkers and I love them. They come as large as 13 and they carry wide width too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics