Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Bully boy double playdate

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Aug 16 2015, 6:10 am
so my daughter is best friends with the sister of a boy in my sons class.

we have had double playdates before and I noticed the other boy being rather bullyish to my son who is naturally shy, and not fantastically sociable. he was ordering him about and even started play hitting him with a stick etc.. they are not a good match! but they come as a package and I cant really say we just want to play with the sister and I dont feel I can talk to the mother about it.

so we arranged for them to come to mine again as its easier to supervise and intervene.

what activities could I do with the 6 year old boys to stop them getting bored? I will remove all toys that were problematic last time!

the boy is a middle child who I think liked to let off steam and have someone to order about and sadly my son is a perfect target 😢

abound

Post Sun, Aug 16 2015, 6:29 am
Why cant you say, it is not working out with the boys but we can do the girls?
You cannot be uncomfortable to stick up for your child's rights and safety.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Aug 16 2015, 6:46 am
because its very subtle and to be honest we are always a bit overprotective with our son. other people may not think its a big deal. yes the best thing would to tell the mum I dont think our boys get along but I lts not like hes mamash being openly horrible, hes just a stronger character, a bit bossy and like I said has two older siblings wheras mine is the eldest. so things and toys at our house are less exciting prompting the other boy to want to make the fun and action.

thats why I said he should come here and not go there although my son said he wanted to go to his house instead...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children