Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Updated info on inwood

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 10:48 am
im starting a new thread since the old one I added to go no response..

looking for updated info on inwood. I have looots of questions. I am coming form brooklyn so not familiar with the area too much..
-what kind of community is it socially?
-hashkafah-wise?
-is there still only one shul?
-are the families young? how young?
-what are the prices like? what kind of houses?
-what are the neibohrs like?
-what kind of family would be happy there?
-what kind of family wwould be unhappy there?
-how does it compare to north woodmere? bayswater?
I would so so appreciate info!

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 11:22 am
I'd like to know too, so I'll be checking for responses.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 5:19 pm
Bump

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 7:09 pm
im just wondering why it is so difficult to get info on this community? anyone have any insight? not just here on imamother but in general been trying to do research and finding it very hard..

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 8:36 pm
I dont live there but have a few friends there. Its a very nice, "normal" place that has a "small community" feel. Its not as fancy or flatbushy as north woodmere but more "with it" then bayswater. The shul is warm and friendly- not yeshivish but not modern the type people dont talk during davening. My friends who bought bought smaller houses (3 bedroom) for around 400k but I hear that now there is a development with 4 bedroom, large eat in kitchen, basement etc houses for around $550k
in terms of neighbors there are 2 sides - one side is mostly Italian the other side closer to far rockaway is more spanish
my friends love it there

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 10:08 pm
Thank you!! That was helpful. Do u have any idea where this new development is? Anyone else have info to add? I'd really Ike to know more abt the social aspects..

seeker

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 10:15 pm
Are there rental homes for people who may want to try it out but not ready to commit? What's the going rate?

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Aug 18 2015, 9:24 am
Look at inwoodshul.com

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Aug 18 2015, 9:27 am
amother wrote:
I dont live there but have a few friends there. Its a very nice, "normal" place that has a "small community" feel. Its not as fancy or flatbushy as north woodmere but more "with it" then bayswater. The shul is warm and friendly- not yeshivish but not modern the type people dont talk during davening. My friends who bought bought smaller houses (3 bedroom) for around 400k but I hear that now there is a development with 4 bedroom, large eat in kitchen, basement etc houses for around $550k
in terms of neighbors there are 2 sides - one side is mostly Italian the other side closer to far rockaway is more spanish
my friends love it there

I know you didn't mean anything by it, but I take offense at your knocking of bayswater, especially anonymously.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Aug 18 2015, 9:37 am
It is very hard to find houses there anymore as there presently aren't many sellers near the frum community we have been looking to move there

twogees

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 7:45 pm
dont know if you are still looking into inwood as I just came across this thread, why dont you go check out the community for a shabbos? all the ppl both me and my dh know are very happy there and it is a small growing community.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating