Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Do heimeshe people live in the thirties? (Flatbush)

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 10:03 pm
We are a heimeshe family that would fit in perfectly at the edge of boro park. Think upper sixties, twentieth avenue...

It's just so expensive.

Looking on zillow I see affordable houses in the upper thirties. So my question is are there heimeshe family's in the neighborhood? Heimeshe shuls?

And just to clarify. To me heimeshe means some chassidic background, plenty of potato kugel but the girls go to Bybp schools and the boys go to neutral middle of the road chassidishe schools.

My husband has a beard, and I dress conservatively. We both are working professionals if that plays a part.

So does that type exist in the upper thirties? All responses welcome. I need your input ladies! This is a housing crisis here.

Thanks all!!

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 10:06 pm
What do u mean by the upper 30s?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 10:07 pm
Anything thirty and up.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 10:12 pm
Yes it exists

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 10:14 pm
Is it a very slight minority? Or part of the mix?

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 10:20 pm
amother wrote:
Is it a very slight minority? Or part of the mix?

It's a minority but every one is part of the mix. Get it?

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 10:24 pm
I visit there often, but don't live there. I would say a large portion of the crowd is younger, they bought there homes there because they were cheaper. There are also a lot of 50+ crowd who either moved there to get a larger lot or moved later in life.
As far as heimish, I haven't noticed too many. I've seen many yeshivish, rebbeim families but haven't noticed curly peyos or streimels. There may be heimish living there but I guess they are minority

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 10:36 pm
Are there heimeshe type shuls in the thirties? Stienwartzel shul on east twenty eight has a heimeshe presence. Are there such type of shuls in the thirties?

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 10:47 pm
there is definitely a bybp crowd that lives in the 30s.

cnc

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 11:53 pm
amother wrote:
there is definitely a bybp crowd that lives in the 30s.

This. BUT I highly doubt that their sons go to any sort of chassidish yeshivas.

kb

Post Tue, Aug 18 2015, 1:21 am
Vyalipol is on 26th and I. I don't know if that's your idea of heimish, but you can definitely call and ask them if there are any students that live in the area.

Smile1234

Post Tue, Aug 18 2015, 3:45 am
amother wrote:
Are there heimeshe type shuls in the thirties? Stienwartzel shul on east twenty eight has a heimeshe presence. Are there such type of shuls in the thirties?

I believe that shul has predominantly older people... Rabbi Twersky's shul is a younger crowd for chasidish/heimish.

doctorima

Post Tue, Aug 18 2015, 10:30 am
I've heard about a shul Bais Mordechai at 33rd and P; the Rav is Rabbi Rokeach. I got the impression that it's more of a heimishe crowd, but have no personal knowledge. Any locals who can confirm?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating