Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Getting calk off kitchen counters

Snowdrop

Post Tue, Aug 18 2015, 6:07 am
I have brown shayish in my kitchen, and I find that there is a build-up of white (I think it's) calk around the sinks. I am assuming that it is residue from the Israeli water. We have been meaning to install a water filtration system, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Don't know whether that would help at all.

Anyway, what is there to do about it? I have tried soap and water, wet wipes, with no success. Does anti-calk spray work? I would prefer a more natural remedy, if one exists. I clean the kettle with vinegar, and the sink with lemon juice, and like the results.

Any suggestions?

etky

Post Tue, Aug 18 2015, 6:23 am
Anti-calk does a great job on lime deposits but I prefer to use something natural in the kitchen where food is being prepared. Also your shayish may not like the Anti-calk. Vinegar should do the trick nicely. You can moisten paper towels with vinegar and leave them on the affected areas for a while.

Snowdrop

Post Tue, Aug 18 2015, 10:17 am
Thanks! Does putting vinegar on and then wiping it off straight away help at all?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry