Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Maternity tops

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 9:49 am
If I'm showing already, can I wear tops that are not maternity, but were purposely, for fashion, made with extra material around the stomach? Or tunic type tops/dresses that are flowy and therefore don't fit snugly? Would it look weird? Or because of the extra material there anyway, can I pull it off?

Smile1234

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 9:53 am
Depends how it sits on you. Sometimes people who wear those things just look like they are in denial that they already started showing and don't want to put on maternity Wink

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 9:57 am
Really? I don't think it would hide it. Once you're showing, you're showing. Just wondering if I bdavka have to buy maternity ( which I definitely plan on,dw! I'm not trying to hide my pregnancy!) or if I find something nice I like that could fit me even if its not maternity, can I buy that?

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 9:59 am
I barely buy any maternity. There is no reason why you should. Just make sure the tops are long enough to cover your belly.

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 10:02 am
mommy2b2c wrote:
I barely buy any maternity. There is no reason why you should. Just make sure the tops are long enough to cover your belly.
It's often harder to make sure they're tznius'dig, I.e. not skin tight, when they are not maternity.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 10:03 am
Oh, ok. Thanks Smile Good to know!

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 10:06 am
Chocolate, I'm specifically asking about looser tops, which is what I meant by saying they have extra material. I don't go for the skin tight, I don't need everyone to see my baby kick Wink

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 10:27 am
amother wrote:
Really? I don't think it would hide it. Once you're showing, you're showing. Just wondering if I bdavka have to buy maternity ( which I definitely plan on,dw! I'm not trying to hide my pregnancy!) or if I find something nice I like that could fit me even if its not maternity, can I buy that?

100%. and youre in luck becuase there are a lot of very flowy tops in stores in right now. Thats what I've been mostly wearing this pregnancy.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 10:28 am
I see no problem with buying regular tops that are loose fitting. Certain styles I would be hesitant to wear when not pregnant for fear of looking pregnant....Those are the non maternity tops I would buy

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 10:32 am
Wheat and goldenrod, my thoughts exactly. I actually have a couple of tops that I wore when I was single, they were looser fitting, but I know no one had any reason to suspect pregnancy. But when I got married I stopped wearing them, and only recently I started to wear them again! And yes I've noticed lots of looser tops in stores, figured it should be ok so long as they fit nicely. Thanks!

dee's mommy

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 1:30 pm
If it fits, wear it. Maternity clothes can run tight, and they are expensive. If you find something that fits, then go ahead and wear it. (That's pretty much what I did.)

amother
Red

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 4:09 pm
Absolutely. I wore 'regular-people' clothing until the end. Most of the things I bought as my maternity wardrobe were from regular stores and I got loose styles in larger sizes.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 4:40 am
The only issue I sometimes have with them is the length. You need it longer to cover your belly well. I prefer them since they are easier to find and cheaper. Get good shells though. Cropped is good for pregnancy. Just look in the mirror and make sure it looks good... Just like anything else you wear.

Smile1234

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 7:18 am
Iymnok wrote:
The only issue I sometimes have with them is the length. You need it longer to cover your belly well. I prefer them since they are easier to find and cheaper. Get good shells though. Cropped is good for pregnancy. Just look in the mirror and make sure it looks good... Just like anything else you wear.

But make sure that the material of the tops you are wearing over cropped shells isn't too thin or skimpy/tight because then your belly button can show through. I just saw someone like that yesterday and it really doesnt look nice.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics