Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Two under Two

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 8:54 pm
IYH in a few months I will have a 20 month old and a newborn. Please tell me how you managed. What worked, what didn't work, what you would do differently? Trying not to get anxious, due to fertility issues this was completely unexpected and we are thrilled but very nervous.

belovedaz

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 9:05 pm
Look at the recent thread- 2 under 14 months- for some tips. I know that helped me

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 9:09 pm
I love having them close in age. I'm a crazy extreme, but my kids come out ok. So, I am putting it out there, that you see that it was done, and children grow up to be fine...

The older one gets to hold the newborn, and feed her pumped milk when he comes home from the babysitter. Sometimes he moves her around in ways that scare me-it's okay. Btdt, and child was ok.

The older one will climb on top of me and sometimes fall on my arms while I'm nursing. I get so scared that baby got hurt...even if she screams, she'll be ok.

Older one kisses the baby without washing down first, newborn never got sick from it. It's fine.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 11:31 pm
I am in the same situation, except mine will be 22 months apart. I definitely feel like it will be tough, especially the first few months, but honestly arent the first few months with a newborn always tough?

~2 years is a pretty common age gap, for secular people as well as frum, so I think we will be fine!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics