Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Decent hotel in good location in Lancaster

amother
Black

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 10:48 pm
whats a good hotel in lancaster thats not too far from attractions? Thanks

imamazing

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 10:54 pm
The Eden resort there is really nice and close to Dutch wonderland area

theotherone

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 11:09 pm
We loved fulton steamboat inn. Have been there twice.

cnc

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 7:24 am
When is this for?
Eden resort
Double tree lancaster

The decent hotels sre usually booked quite in advance.

sky

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 8:53 am
I found next week a hard week to get a room in a good place because everyone is going between camp and school (next week sunday after 5, and monday will probably be packed with Lakewood at Dutch wonderland if it is the same as years before).
I found it worth it sometimes to travel about 1/2 hour from Lancaster, like to lititz, PA to get a decent place that isn't packed.
If you can get Best Western Eden Resort is fantastic.
I forget which one but there is a hotel directly across from Dutch Wonderland. Online the reviews are pretty negative, but my family member who have stayed there said the rooms are huge and decent and it is convenient because it is right across from dutch wonderland.

chaya35

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 10:38 am
I stayed at Country Inn & Suites directly across Dutch Wonderland and was very good. We also stayed at Doubletree.

amother
Black

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 11:38 am
Got reservation at wingate by wyndham. Its a mile from dutch wonderland. Looks decent.

doctorima

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 7:18 pm
We had a great experience at Country Inn and Suites, though that was several years ago.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 7:33 pm
we just stayed in eden resort. You may still be able to get a reservation-keep checking the websit because sometimes rooms become available after they were not.
Great family hotel- very nice. Not a 5 star but perfect for family, beautiful outdoor pool and indoor pool and a nice area to BBQ, mini golf, basketbal, cute sprinkler park for kids and cute playground. We were very satisfied. Rooms are spacious and the suites are great there.

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 10:31 pm
We've stayed at the Lancaster Marriott.

amother
Taupe

Post Sat, Aug 22 2015, 10:28 pm
We stayed in the Sheraton Harrisburg that is around 50 min. Away from attractions. We were able to get an attached room there so our little kids are not on top of us. It was really nice.

amother
Bronze

Post Sat, Aug 22 2015, 10:32 pm
sky wrote:
I found next week a hard week to get a room in a good place because everyone is going between camp and school (next week sunday after 5, and monday will probably be packed with Lakewood at Dutch wonderland if it is the same as years before)

Would you say that Lancaster is expected to be full all of this week with people from Lakewood? When does school start in Lakewood?

sky

Post Sat, Aug 22 2015, 11:37 pm
boys start this wendsday, girls next wendsday I think. I would think people would just go Sunday and Monday and then come back. Sunday after 5, and Monday were more popular.

(this was my experience the past 2 years we went to Dutch Wonderland the week boys started school, it wasn't bad at all, just the way it was). Its not the Learning Lakewood yeshivish crowd (not that that would be bad either) they are back in yeshiva, its more the Lakewood working crowd who needs to entertain their kids when there is no camp (like me, I'm taking Monday off to go away - my only vacation really this summer).

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 1:31 am
Do all of the above have kitchens? How else would anyone stay in an area where there are no kosher restaurants except for the outdoor one in Hershey's where you need to pay entrance to Hershey Park to eat there, or you get a 45 minute pass, and are charged for a day's admission if you stay a bit longer than 45 minutes (crazy). I cant understand anyone being in that area without a kitchen. We loved Homewood Suites/Hilton in Lancaster. Lots of frum people were there. They have full kitchens.

cnc

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 1:43 am
amother wrote:
Do all of the above have kitchens? How else would anyone stay in an area where there are no kosher restaurants except for the outdoor one in Hershey's where you need to pay entrance to Hershey Park to eat there, or you get a 45 minute pass, and are charged for a day's admission if you stay a bit longer than 45 minutes (crazy). I cant understand anyone being in that area without a kitchen. We loved Homewood Suites/Hilton in Lancaster. Lots of frum people were there. They have full kitchens.

Dutch Wonderland has kosher on the go-same as Hershey Park.
You can bring cold cut sandwiches or a George Foreman grill. Some places have just microwaves so you can bring double wrapped food from takout stores.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 8:47 am
I went with a few couples and kids, and we just paid over 200 per room for each suite with 2 queen beds and an adjoining living area with couch that opens, and a full kitchen, at Homewood Suites Hilton Lancaster. I cant see being with family, far from kosher stores, with no kitchen, unless you want to eat vacuum packed food (not cheap), soggy food, or tuna out of a can. A dorm size fridge fits very little food.

Which others had a full kitchen in Lancaster (full size fridge, sink, burners, microwave) and what did it cost nightly?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics