Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Chicken wraps

luckysunshine

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 4:53 am
Can someone please recommend a tasty chicken wrap recipe? I would like to make these wraps for Shabbos day.

mha3484

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 5:59 am
I like the one with the avocado from kosher by design entertains.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 7:45 am
I have never made in advance, but my family has really been enjoying this concept I started earlier this summer.

I cut chicken cutlets into strips and sautee with shwarma seasoning. I caramelize sliced onions. I cut up peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, shred some lettuce, and make a garlic dill dressing (because I don't like techina or chummus) and let everyone fill it up their own way. Sometimes I make hashbrowns or fries to put in there but I would not do that for Shabbos.

Smile1234

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 7:58 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I have never made in advance, but my family has really been enjoying this concept I started earlier this summer.

I cut chicken cutlets into strips and sautee with shwarma seasoning. I caramelize sliced onions. I cut up peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, shred some lettuce, and make a garlic dill dressing (because I don't like techina or chummus) and let everyone fill it up their own way. Sometimes I make hashbrowns or fries to put in there but I would not do that for Shabbos.

What's your garlic dill dressing?
Is it the kind of thing that can be used for a dip on shabbos? I just bought fresh dill and I want to make a dill dip.
Either way I'll take the dressing recipe because it sounds delish for salad.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 8:25 am
Nothing official...some mayo, lemon juice, garlic powder, dill, some salt and pepper maybe. Sometimes I use some olive oil instead of all the mayo for a dressing, and sometimes I add in honey for dressing a salad. Or parsley instead of the dill or in addition. I just play around with it. I add a little water to thin out if necessary.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 3:03 pm
This is the one from KBD

Chicken Guacamole in Flour Tortillas
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
sea salt and black pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp schwarma spice mix, such as Pereg brand (1 tsp cumin, allspice, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, dried cilantro, dash salt, pinch pepper.)
2 medium Hass avocadoes, peeled and diced
2 small plum tomatoes, seeds and interior ribs removed, diced
3-4 cilantro leaves, lightly chopped
1 shallot, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp, seeded and minced, Jalapeno or Serrano pepper
juice of half a lemon
large flour tortillas
mesclun greens

Wash and pat the chicken breasts dry. Season with salt and pepper. Mix the garlic, oil, and schwarma spice in a small bowl to form a paste. Rub into each cutlet. Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
Cook the chicken on a grill, or indoors in a grill pan or broiled in oven for about 6 minutes per side. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. When cool, cut into 1/2-inch dice.
Combine the chicken, avocado, tomato, cilantro, shallot, garlic, jalapeno or serrano pepper, and lemon juice. Mix together gently, you do not want to turn the mixture into mush. Season with salt and pepper,
Heat each flour tortilla briefly in large frying pan or on grill.
Place a long mound of guacamole filling at end of tortilla. Roll the sides in 1-inch and then roll up like a burrito. With a very sharp knife, sliced each tortilla on the diagonal into 4 pieces and place on a bed of greens.

-----

I would marinate thin cut chicken breasts in a mixture of either schwarma seasonong or taco seasoning, garlic and oil. Grill or pan grill.
Mash avocado until smooth with garlic, lemon juice, dill and salt.
Assemble wraps fresh and serve.

luckysunshine

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 6:29 pm
Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey