Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Picture books that I would like as well as my 2 yo dd
1  2  Next

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 10:30 am
Why is it that my 2y.o always wants me to read the books I don't like (the ones that have too many words so I end up summarizing or that I think are so boring) ?
Do you have any jewish picture books that both you enjoy reading and your kids enjoy hearing??

Ms.MaryMack(inblack)

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 10:35 am
Um... if she's too chances are even you like it hte first time by the time you get up to reading it 100 times you won't like it by then

pesek zman

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 10:36 am
Not jewish but we LOVE boss baby!

Stars

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 10:38 am
Being that you are (BH) not on the same level as a two year old, you will not enjoy the same thing as your kid. Uncle Moishy, anyone?

That being said , these are great. (They're not jewish though)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/produ.....ges00

relish

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 10:42 am
We love "put me in the zoo" by Robert lopshire. Not Jewish, but my two year old knows it by heart, and I love reading it with her.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 10:46 am
Sandra Boynton board books.
Not Jewish, but pareve. You can easily put a tune to the rhymes.

gp2.0

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 10:57 am
Sandra boynton is great and so are dr Seuss books. Both my kids loved Marvin k mooney will you please go now at that age.

Rhyming books in general are easier to read. Not the Jewish clumsy rhyme ones but the secular rhyme books where rhythm matters as much as rhyme so the words trip pleasantly off the tongue.

My 2 year old also like the Jewish series "what do you see" like what do you see on shabbos, at home, etc.

Eta: at that age they also enjoy color, shape or number books with few or no words at all, just concepts. Like, one blue ball, two brown teddy bears etc

animeme

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 11:05 am
gp2.0 wrote:
Sandra boynton is great and so are dr Seuss books. Both my kids loved Marvin k mooney will you please go now at that age.

Rhyming books in general are easier to read. Not the Jewish clumsy rhyme ones but the secular rhyme books where rhythm matters as much as rhyme so the words trip pleasantly off the tongue.

Check out your Dr. Seuss books before buying. In our family, we joke that the cruelest thing you can do to the parent of a young child is to give the child Fox in Socks. Others are easier. But they are long....

These might be a bit above dc, but I like the "I go to..." Jewish series. To shul, to the dentist, etc. Not too many words per page, and big bright pictures to look at and talk about.

fbc

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 11:07 am
Brown bear Brown bear what do you see? Also the spot books (little dog). Is it shabbos yet? My mitzvah hands, my mitzvah feet, my mitzvah mouth (3 sep books). One of my favorites from when I was a girl was hillary saves the day. I think that's what it was called. About a little girl who felt too little to do anything cuz she couldn't help her mommy in the garden, daddy in the kitchen, but realized how big she was when her dolls were sad and she was able to help them and make them happy again. I can try to find a link. It goes along with the song if you're happy and you know it.

gp2.0

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 11:17 am
animeme wrote:
Check out your Dr. Seuss books before buying. In our family, we joke that the cruelest thing you can do to the parent of a young child is to give the child Fox in Socks. Others are easier. But they are long....

These might be a bit above dc, but I like the "I go to..." Jewish series. To shul, to the dentist, etc. Not too many words per page, and big bright pictures to look at and talk about.

That's true, some are better than others, some are longer than others. For a 2 year old I'd also read left foot right foot. Some dr Seuss books don't really have a plot so you can skip pages here and there by sneakily turning two pages at once and the kids don't notice. Twisted Evil

I don't think I ever read fox in socks. Is that the one with hop on pop? Lol.

Stars

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 11:18 am
gp2.0 wrote:
I don't think I ever read fox in socks.

Don't. It's evil Twisted Evil

gp2.0

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 11:19 am
Lol I searched fox in socks and I'm rolling. My 5 year old will love it, she's into tongue twisters now.

Stars

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 11:20 am
A pity, I just gave mine away.

newmother

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 11:21 am
http://www.amazon.com/When-I-D.....BGQZW
I love this book!

sky

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 11:31 am
Jewish book:
Five Alive: My Yom Tov Five Senses
I enjoy reading this book. It is a very fluid rhyme, and lends itself to setting a tune.

The Bedtime book by Sandra Boyton
I can sign it out loud by heart when tucking everyone in by now.

Pete the cat is fun

suzyq

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 12:36 pm
We love the Llama Llama books. I find that the books that rhyme are winners in our house. My kids memorize them and love saying them with me.

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 12:43 pm
Goodnight Moon is a classic and it's available in a pop-up.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 1:20 pm
thanks for all the responses.
I also enjoy a lot of non jewish books, im a big fan of dr seuss too. was specifically wondering about jewish though. there are a few that I like, like Yossi and leibel and also where are my shoes?
I cant stand books that have too many words though or too little and the words I have to like too...

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 1:32 pm
amother wrote:
thanks for all the responses.
I also enjoy a lot of non jewish books, im a big fan of dr seuss too. was specifically wondering about jewish though. there are a few that I like, like Yossi and leibel and also where are my shoes?
I cant stand books that have too many words though or too little and the words I have to like too...

Yossi and Leibel are fun to read but if your dc is closer to 2 brace yourself for less sophisticated books. There are many Jewish books out that are age appropriate, board books, easy reader books.

Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room