Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Gift for sil going to seminary...

gr8 mom

Post Fri, Aug 21 2015, 9:15 am
Looking for ideas /original idea of what I can give my sis n law going to seminary in eretz yisroel.....gift, picture thing......any ideas welcome!

Chayalle

Post Fri, Aug 21 2015, 9:20 am
My favorite gift - which I'm still using 20 years later - came from a very special neighbor I am (stilll) very close to. She gave me a very nice, spacious, durable overnight bag. It fits whatever I stuff inside for Shabbos, and I use it all the time.

Delores

Post Fri, Aug 21 2015, 9:23 am
Money. Battery operated alarm clock. Perfume, cosmetic BB cream type thing. Not anything heavy or large that takes up space in luggage or small dorm room.

tichellady

Post Fri, Aug 21 2015, 10:47 am
I like to give personalized photo calendars or pillows with pics of the family.

Rutabaga

Post Fri, Aug 21 2015, 11:44 am
Insulated water bottle with carry case

PAMOM

Post Fri, Aug 21 2015, 1:21 pm
I have also appreciated lightweight nylon-type weekend bags. They don't take up room in a suitcase and they're terrific for shabbat as a guest. You can even have initials put on from find places.

miracleshappen

Post Fri, Aug 21 2015, 1:26 pm
My SIL got me a sandwich maker- I used it almost every day to make myself lunch and all of my friends used it as well. It was an amazing gift

MrsDuby

Post Fri, Aug 21 2015, 5:55 pm
you didnt specify if you wanted to give her something practical or something more sentimental.

When my SIL left to Seminary I made her a picture book on Shutterfly of family pictures. She really liked it !

yOungM0mmy

Post Sat, Aug 22 2015, 5:20 pm
My aunt gave me a toasted sandwich maker which was much appreciated by me and all my dorm mates. My grandparents gave me a leather-bottomed backpack which I used all the time - hand luggage, tiyulim, for Shabbat I could fit everything I needed, still using it 15 years later and its in perfect condition. My parents gave me an alarm clock which you could record the "ring" and it had a message from my then-2 year old brother who I missed terribly, to wake me up each morning.

November

Post Sat, Aug 22 2015, 6:03 pm
These are such nice gift ideas!

def

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 4:41 am
a cosmetic case?

Iymnok

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 5:31 am
I would've liked a Chumash with shabbos davening in the back since the Ezras nashim doesn't always have enough. A tehillim for long bus rides.
A good overnight bag
A good cosmetics case with brushes, sponges, good tweezers, and a special lip balm or cream.
Blutak to hang things on the wall without damaging it.
If you are in Israel and could get things with the right plug; a sandwich maker, clip on fan, immersion blender and cup for smoothies an ice coffee, blow dryer/iron, kumkum.

Smile1234

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 9:42 am
A good overnight bag is a great idea. It's something she can use in seminary and beyond.

All sem girls like to have pix and collages to hang on their walls, so if you have pix of her with your kids or you at your wedding, whatever stage of life you are up to... its always nice to have something to hang next to your bed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics