Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Iriya gan scandal
  Previous  1  2  3  39  40  41

Sanguine

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 10:37 am
amother wrote:
ok and everyone is so stuck up about this 400 parents etc. Can someone involved say if they were there and part of them or just heard? I have never heard such a thing and they don't stop obsessing with it on this thread instead of looking at other details.

Well this is where the 400 came from - The post is from Linen.

amother wrote:
... but my understanding is that it is going pretty much as strong in the summer as the rest of the year.
As for numbers, one rav involved said he personally spoke to at least 400 sets of parents claiming that their children were affected. I know personally 17 children affected [but some are siblings in the same family].

linen said a lot of things that I personally thought were exaggerated but everyone here seems to take in every word she said as truth. Are you now saying that the 400 isn't correct? What else isn't?

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 10:54 am
Sanguine wrote:
linen said a lot of things that I personally thought were exaggerated but everyone here seems to take in every word she said as truth. Are you now saying that the 400 isn't correct? What else isn't?

Well if linen said it then she must have more information than me and she seems to be speaking to more investigators than I have. It must mean 400 victims all over yerushalayim.
That is heartbreaking!

Sanguine

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 11:11 am
amother wrote:
Well if linen said it then she must have more information than me and she seems to be speaking to more investigators than I have. It must mean 400 victims all over yerushalayim.
That is heartbreaking!
It is which is why we're trying to help.

pause

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 11:15 am
Sanguine wrote:

Notice that she wasn't saying she has firsthand info from 400 parents. The rav told her that.

Waves

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 11:38 am
This is the most horrific, saddest story I have ever heard in my life. I feel heartbroken for the victims.

I've been following this thread from the beginning and I have to say I have the same questions as sanguine. Where's the outrage? Publicity? Outcry? It is literally MURDER for any rabbi, proffessional, or random person to not do everything in their power to stop this.

This is not the job of the victims family, they need to focus on healing and moving forward. (But they are not absolved, they still must file reports, tell everyone they know, or anyone who asks. If u want privacy say the abuse happened to ur friends kids, but say it, in all the horrible gory detail!) As for every rabbi, proffessional, neighbor, friend, or relative of the victim -if u hear this the onus is on you. Don't stop until something is done!!! With all these victims is there no non-victims who believe them enough to act???

Anyone who lives in Israel and is concerned, get up, go to the magen organization, shana, rabbi berkowitz ... and armed with wtvr info u have go to the media!!!! This is absurd! Do the victims families have no relatives or friends that are horrifically shocked??
Is there not one therapist, police, rav who will stand up and stop this gruesome tragedy? Go to the top police, go to the media, go to the gadolim, go to the prime minister! If one gadol can be made to realize that children are being slaughtered, and kol koreis must be written and plastered everywhere, telling every single Jew in yerushalayim they must get involved, this would stop.

If I didn't live in America, have a bunch of little kids including newborn, I'd do it myself. It is so hard to fathom that a rabbi knows 400 victims and has not told every family to keep their kids home. So hard to believe an organization that deals with CSA has not made it their mission to publisize this to every parent in yershalayim. Just mind boggling. How do they sleep at night????

I'm feeling guilty from across the ocean not warning my Israeli relatives. But what can I tell them??? There's some horrific abuse going on!! Sorry I have no clue which areas or schools. I don't know too many details either. But please ask around. They would think I'm off my rocker!! And then if they ask another parent why they pulled their kid out they might just be told some dumb excuse.

I'm with sanguine in her frustration, and that's u she keeps repeating her point. Again, I'm not saying a broken victim trying to heal needs to worry about this. But once they do their part and find a way to notify police, their rav, child's classmates, then the duty becomes all of these people's. And if they don't do EVERYTHING in their power to stop it, they are 100% accomplices. You don't stand by while someone's being murdered and say there's nothing u can do.

Waves

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 11:45 am
Another small but important point. Would any of u victims be willing to send info to JCW.org or ask shaina to, so in the very least there is another place on the web besides imamother with info? I think that could be a simple thing to do but very effective.

(JCW / Jewish community watch is a organization that has a website that publisizes molesters, stories of ppl / places effected by child SA.)

DrMom

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 11:47 am
I don't understand why an entire school would keep their kids home to protest the admission of a few Sephardi girls, but won't keep their kids home to protest a rebbe molesting children.

Sanguine

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 12:07 pm
pause wrote:
Notice that she wasn't saying she has firsthand info from 400 parents. The rav told her that.
So you think the Rav is making up stories? Why would he? Or you think 400 kids make sense? The gans are running as normal? No one asks where half the kids are (assuming that these 400 parents don't send their abused kids back to thhe gan they were abused in)? 400 parents went to the police and the police ignored 400 stories of abuse? Not even one father went nuts and went to the media? None of the parents tried to organize something to fight this? These parents have more than one kid in gan/cheder? I think it would be a safe assumption with this population. So these parents sent all their other kids onto gan/cheder? Tell me that's normal. It's not. So let's assume each gan kid has 2 more siblings in the gan/cheder range. So we're talking 1,200 kids staying home? And life is continuing as normal and the unaffected parents have no idea?

anyone else here confused?

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 12:24 pm
Been following this thread and utterly horrified
Is this devastation only going on in Jerusalem or do I need to keep my kids home as well. I live out if Jerusalem

Waves

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 12:27 pm
Sanguine wrote:
So you think the Rav is making up stories? Why would he? Or you think 400 kids make sense? The gans are running as normal? No one asks where half the kids are (assuming that these 400 parents don't send their abused kids back to thhe gan they were abused in)? 400 parents went to the police and the police ignored 400 stories of abuse? Not even one father went nuts and went to the media? None of the parents tried to organize something to fight this? These parents have more than one kid in gan/cheder? I think it would be a safe assumption with this population. So these parents sent all their other kids onto gan/cheder? Tell me that's normal. It's not. So let's assume each gan kid has 2 more siblings in the gan/cheder range. So we're talking 1,200 kids staying home? And life is continuing as normal and the unaffected parents have no idea?

anyone else here confused?

Yes beyond bewildered

Waves

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 12:29 pm
DrMom wrote:
I don't understand why an entire school would keep their kids home to protest the admission of a few Sephardi girls, but won't keep their kids home to protest a rebbe molesting children.

Exactly. Or how the chareidim come out in masses for protests against chillul shabbos, but not for torture of their own precious kinderlach. Sad

elisheva25

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 12:56 pm
BKIND wrote:
This is the most horrific, saddest story I have ever heard in my life. I feel heartbroken for the victims.

I've been following this thread from the beginning and I have to say I have the same questions as sanguine. Where's the outrage? Publicity? Outcry? It is literally MURDER for any rabbi, proffessional, or random person to not do everything in their power to stop this.

This is not the job of the victims family, they need to focus on healing and moving forward. (But they are not absolved, they still must file reports, tell everyone they know, or anyone who asks. If u want privacy say the abuse happened to ur friends kids, but say it, in all the horrible gory detail!) As for every rabbi, proffessional, neighbor, friend, or relative of the victim -if u hear this the onus is on you. Don't stop until something is done!!! With all these victims is there no non-victims who believe them enough to act???

Anyone who lives in Israel and is concerned, get up, go to the magen organization, shana, rabbi berkowitz ... and armed with wtvr info u have go to the media!!!! This is absurd! Do the victims families have no relatives or friends that are horrifically shocked??
Is there not one therapist, police, rav who will stand up and stop this gruesome tragedy? Go to the top police, go to the media, go to the gadolim, go to the prime minister! If one gadol can be made to realize that children are being slaughtered, and kol koreis must be written and plastered everywhere, telling every single Jew in yerushalayim they must get involved, this would stop.

If I didn't live in America, have a bunch of little kids including newborn, I'd do it myself. It is so hard to fathom that a rabbi knows 400 victims and has not told every family to keep their kids home. So hard to believe an organization that deals with CSA has not made it their mission to publisize this to every parent in yershalayim. Just mind boggling. How do they sleep at night????

I'm feeling guilty from across the ocean not warning my Israeli relatives. But what can I tell them??? There's some horrific abuse going on!! Sorry I have no clue which areas or schools. I don't know too many details either. But please ask around. They would think I'm off my rocker!! And then if they ask another parent why they pulled their kid out they might just be told some dumb excuse.

I'm with sanguine in her frustration, and that's u she keeps repeating her point. Again, I'm not saying a broken victim trying to heal needs to worry about this. But once they do their part and find a way to notify police, their rav, child's classmates, then the duty becomes all of these people's. And if they don't do EVERYTHING in their power to stop it, they are 100% accomplices. You don't stand by while someone's being murdered and say there's nothing u can do.

I hear I am totally heartbroken across the ocean . I called up a relative of mine who is outside of Jerusalem. I said look there are some things I am hearing that I am hearing that I need to warn you about . I said I don't know what's true and what isn't bo do your research . Don't assume all is good . Relative said, yes we have been hearing some stories .... But I didn't take it seriously till now . I said well ok now call Rabbi Berkowitz . I think it really is your responsibility to warn them .

elisheva25

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 1:00 pm
Those mothers that are worried and live in America and what to do something....can we brainstorm together ???

Yael

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 1:05 pm
I am locking the thread until I can post some information. Keeping the discussion going at this point is not helpful until there is real information given. The panic is causing more harm than good.
Page 41 of 41   Previous  1  2  3  39  40  41 Recent Topics

Post new topic       Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions