Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Trip to Philadelphia

COLORFUL

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 8:29 am
Hi I'm going to Philadelphia iyh this week and I want to know what's a good pizza store or cafe with a good hechsher and cholov yisroel near the city center?
Also what is considered a good hechsher in Philadelphia and is there anyone I can call to ask about hechsher over there?

COLORFUL

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 4:41 pm
Does anyone here know anything about the hechsherim in Philadelphia?

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 7:12 pm
We just went last week. have fun! We spoke to a rabbi who told us that keystone k is fine to rely on. its also called something else, can't remember what. something like the kosher council of greater Philadelphia maybe? we mostly brought our own food, but did eat the falafels from mamas vegetarian which we enjoyed a lot. IIRC, that was pretty much the only kosher place in the center city area aside from the university hillel house cafeteria which we didn't really look into at all. a pizza place and other kosher eateries were about 20/30 min away in the Montgomery area I believe.

COLORFUL

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 7:14 pm
Thanks so much do you know which rabbi you spoke to and do you know anything about minyanim there?

lkwdmom2

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 7:16 pm
keystone K is good hechsher. It was under R felder ah' and now R' Terebelo I think. there's holyland pizza in northeast philly. and we ate at Rita's last week on Grant by Buselton or Castor ave.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 7:23 pm
try looking on the CRC Chicago website for the kosher consumer. this is an updated list of kosher agencies that they say are acceptable with contact names to call for further details. just don't know if its OK to post it here...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics