Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Honey, I'm HOOOOOOME!!!
1  2  3  Next

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 1:18 pm
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Sorry to keep you all waiting so long for an update. Hashem really makes you work hard to merit entering the Land! I've been tested in a million and one ways so far, but I'm not complaining one bit. I'm insanely grateful to be here, and the beauty of this place, the people. the sheer joy of it just takes my breath away.

I'm still waiting for my lift, so for now I'm on a borrowed laptop that has wonky keys and a dodgy power supply. Please forgive me if I don't update as often as I'd like to. I'm trying to keep notes of everything so I can start my blog as soon as I get my computer up and running. (This thing is miserable to type on, and I just don't have the patience - besides, DD has been using it most of the time so she can Skype with all of her friends.)

School and Ulpan start in a week or so, and we can't wait to get started!

As soon as I get the guest bedroom set up, I'll be expecting some of you to come up for a visit. I have a gorgeous view of the ocean, and it's only two blocks away. Sunny

5mom

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 1:20 pm
Welcome!!
May things go as smoothly as possible, and may you see the humor when they don't.

Jewishmom8

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 1:21 pm
May everything go smoothly and easily from now on!
Hatzlacha with everything!

Last edited by Jewishmom8 on Sun, Aug 23 2015, 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

JMM-uc

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 1:22 pm
Wahoo!!! YAY Smile

SO SO HAPPY TO HAVE YOU HOME AGAIN!

I've been waiting Hug

Sanguine

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 1:23 pm
Welcome Home!

m in Israel

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 1:24 pm
WELCOME!!!! Remember to expect things to be a bit bumpy at the beginning -- and then be pleasantly surprised at whatever ends up going smoothly. We just finished our 5th year here, BH, and I'd be happy to help with any info you need if I can. . .feel free to PM me! (Of course, if you have internet access Smile )

m in Israel

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 1:28 pm
And remember to apply for the Life in Israel forum here on imamother. It is a very active forum with lots of helpful information.

etky

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 1:29 pm
Was wondering how you were doing!
You landed right into the miserable heat waves, didn't you?
Better than a war though....
How do you like your new city?

JMM-uc

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 1:31 pm
Wait, you're near the beach? So awesome! What city? Maybe I'll come visit!

Sanguine

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 1:32 pm
m in Israel wrote:
And remember to apply for the Life in Israel forum here on imamother. It is a very active forum with lots of helpful information.
Yeah - We give away all the secrets that we never tell Chutzniks Wink. Welcome to the club

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 1:34 pm
Sanguine wrote:
Welcome Home!

Best emoji, EVER!!! I wish I knew how to turn that into my user pic.

Don't worry about me, I have an absurd sense of humor, and can laugh off just about anything. You've just got to love a country where your air conditioner repair man invites you to Shabbos lunch. No, he's not just being polite, he draws you a map, tells you what bus to take, where to get off the bus, and tells you he'll drive over and pick you up from the bus stop.

I got an ear infection from swimming at the beach, and DH was out of town. When my realtor called to ask me how I was doing I mentioned it. He insisted in dropping everything, and came right over. He drove me to a clinic, got me in and out in 20 minutes, and drove me to the pharmacy for ear drops. Can you imagine any other realtor doing that?

While I was in the waiting room I noticed another woman speaking English, so I introduced myself. Within 5 minutes I had her name and phone number, and a standing invitation to Shabbos. She's been living here for 32 years, and says she will show me everything I need, no problem.

Never in my life have I dealt with such nice people! I figure for every 1 bus driver that yells at me, there will be 99 others that will stand by my side. Very Happy

Sadie

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 1:42 pm
Very exciting, welcome! I hope it is a nice smooth transition for you and your family!

Jewishmom8

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 1:43 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Best emoji, EVER!!! I wish I knew how to turn that into my user pic.

Don't worry about me, I have an absurd sense of humor, and can laugh off just about anything. You've just got to love a country where your air conditioner repair man invites you to Shabbos lunch. No, he's not just being polite, he draws you a map, tells you what bus to take, where to get off the bus, and tells you he'll drive over and pick you up from the bus stop.

I got an ear infection from swimming at the beach, and DH was out of town. When my realtor called to ask me how I was doing I mentioned it. He insisted in dropping everything, and came right over. He drove me to a clinic, got me in and out in 20 minutes, and drove me to the pharmacy for ear drops. Can you imagine any other realtor doing that?

While I was in the waiting room I noticed another woman speaking English, so I introduced myself. Within 5 minutes I had her name and phone number, and a standing invitation to Shabbos. She's been living here for 32 years, and says she will show me everything I need, no problem.

Never in my life have I dealt with such nice people! I figure for every 1 bus driver that yells at me, there will be 99 others that will stand by my side. Very Happy

That is one the of things I love best about Israel. And you will find that in all sectors of society form chilonim to super charedim

studying_torah

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 1:53 pm
So glad to hear ur doing well!
Hatzlacha w settling in !!

Iymnok

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 1:53 pm
I'm so happy you're here and getting settled!
I asked my mother if she heard from you and she said your daughter's happy... I guess she was hogging the computer so you didn't have much access.
TWO blocks from the beach!?! I thought you said 4!
Do you have phones set up?
How about appliances?
We'd love to have you for shabbos, in between your repairmen, bus drivers and new neighbors Confused
Is your dd ready for school next week? Get tips from the other girls in her class.

JMM-uc

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 1:55 pm
BTW, I can tell you where to get the BEST ice coffee! PM for details Smile

DrMom

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 1:56 pm
It's not the ocean, it's the sea Smile
I still make that mistake.

I am glad you arrived and are getting settled!!

finallyamommy

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 1:57 pm
Ahhh, I had a feeling this would be your post when I saw the subject line! Welcome home!

chani8

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 2:05 pm
Nahariya! Awesome!! Welcome Home, FF!

mandksima

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 2:07 pm
Welcome! I would love to come visit!

Just know that usually when an Israeli yells at you, it is because they care!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions