Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Matisyahu - brave defiant proud
1  2  3  Next

Imogen

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 3:23 pm
Watched clips with pride of Matisyahu defiantly singing infront of BDS supporters, beautiful moment.

What did you all think?

Imogen

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 3:26 pm
legalinsurrection.com/2015/08/matisyahu-sings-jerusalem-in-face-of-anti-israel-protesters-at-spanish-festival/

naomi6

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 7:06 pm
Disappointed the way he looks - a few years ago he looked like a nice good Jew

Ashrei

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 8:38 pm
I didn't watch the clip, but based on the article, good for him. I'm proud of him.
BDS and all this anti-zionist stuff has been called a thin vale for what's actually anti-semitism. Seems to me the vale is up at this point.

PS: At first I was disappointed by his change in appearance also, but now I think his look is part of his personal journey. I don't think it's a big deal. And the fact so many are rallying against a musician who now doesn't even look Jewish ought to give some Jews pause.

rowo

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 9:56 pm
each person has their life journey and discoveries to make.
That clip shows how courageous he is!

oliveoil

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 10:42 pm
naomi6 wrote:
Disappointed the way he looks - a few years ago he looked like a nice good Jew

for crying out loud - look at his ACTIONS, not his exterior!

cbsp

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 10:52 pm
Ashrei wrote:
...And the fact so many are rallying against a musician who now doesn't even look Jewish ought to give some Jews pause.

This. A million times over.

good times

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 10:55 pm
oliveoil wrote:

I can't like this enough!!!!!!

shirachadasha

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 11:13 pm
Kol hakavod to him for choosing to play Jerusalem.

seeker

Post Mon, Aug 24 2015, 12:21 am
Think what you want about his personal choices and style, I don't know what goes on in his life anyway, but that was one extremely awesome move. I think this man could have earned his olam haba for his loyalty and guts in standing up for Israel and Judaism more than all your black hats and jackets or whatever it is you're worried about.

The level of antisemitism is very freaky. It's encouraging to see t least some push back.

Imogen

Post Mon, Aug 24 2015, 3:54 am
To me he is an exceptionally courageous beautiful Jew, a David singing with love and conviction against the Goliath of the anti Israel crowd. A past student attended, a lapsed Spanish Catholic, she called afterwards to say how tense the atmosphere was and yet how focused and dignified Matisyahu remained. He did an amazing thing, a kiddush hashem.

His appearance to me is of no interest whatsoever, identifying with one group of orthodoxy has its trials and merits, identifying with klal yisrael in a refined and loving way is beyond words.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Aug 24 2015, 4:05 am
But wasn't it on Shabbos?

tweek

Post Mon, Aug 24 2015, 9:03 am
Can someone please post a link? The one on top is not working.

Thanks!

Imogen

Post Mon, Aug 24 2015, 10:07 am
http://www.timesofisrael.com/d.....ival/

tweek

Post Mon, Aug 24 2015, 2:06 pm
thanks sabich!

Carmen Luna

Post Mon, Aug 24 2015, 3:12 pm
oliveoil wrote:

And what exactly ARE his "actions"?? I mean besides coke snorting. Puh leeze. Gimme a break. You want to tell me that the BDS is an anti semitic jew hating organization?? sure! But dont confuse the two. He aint no angel, and this episode should be a wake up call for him that you can die your purple, but if your a jew, your never gonna be welcomed by the world.

Carmen Luna

Post Mon, Aug 24 2015, 3:21 pm
seeker wrote:
Think what you want about his personal choices and style, I don't know what goes on in his life anyway, but that was one extremely awesome move. I think this man could have earned his olam haba for his loyalty and guts in standing up for Israel and Judaism more than all your black hats and jackets or whatever it is you're worried about.

The level of antisemitism is very freaky. It's encouraging to see t least some push back.

So your definition of Judaism is singing for a crowd a song about Jerusalem? SIGN ME UP! I thought (and when I say "I thought", I dont mean neccesarily myself, more like all the Tzaddikim dating back to Moishe Rabbeinu) Judaism is about being committed to living a life according to the Torah. But apparently all one needs to do to conform to distorted view of being a devout Jew is singing on Shabbos a song about the Holy City, and bam! there's a throne in Heaven waiting with your name inscribed on it.
And way to go, to find this as an opportunity to look down at "black hatted and jacket wearing Jews, who's mere existence seems to annoy you. Hater.
And btw, little anecdote for you, the Chofetz Chaim, you know, one of 'those black hatted wierdos" famously said, there's no such thing as a "frei yid" frei? yes. yid? no! One who doesnt follow in Hashems ways, shouldn't consider himself a jew. Not that it means anything to you...

sneakermom

Post Mon, Aug 24 2015, 4:04 pm
Carmen Luna wrote:
So your definition of Judaism is singing for a crowd a song about Jerusalem? SIGN ME UP! I thought (and when I say "I thought", I dont mean neccesarily myself, more like all the Tzaddikim dating back to Moishe Rabbeinu) Judaism is about being committed to living a life according to the Torah. But apparently all one needs to do to conform to distorted view of being a devout Jew is singing on Shabbos a song about the Holy City, and bam! there's a throne in Heaven waiting with your name inscribed on it.
And way to go, to find this as an opportunity to look down at "black hatted and jacket wearing Jews, who's mere existence seems to annoy you. Hater.
And btw, little anecdote for you, the Chofetz Chaim, you know, one of 'those black hatted wierdos" famously said, there's no such thing as a "frei yid" frei? yes. yid? no! One who doesnt follow in Hashems ways, shouldn't consider himself a jew. Not that it means anything to you...

Oy oy oy.
A yid is always a yid.
Everyone has a tafkid in this world. Hashem puts people in the right place and time to choose to bring light to the world. That's what Matisyahu did. True to his name he stood up for Israel.

imaima

Post Mon, Aug 24 2015, 4:13 pm
Carmen Luna wrote:
And what exactly ARE his "actions"?? I mean besides coke snorting. Puh leeze. Gimme a break. You want to tell me that the BDS is an anti semitic jew hating organization?? sure! But dont confuse the two. He aint no angel, and this episode should be a wake up call for him that you can die your purple, but if your a jew, your never gonna be welcomed by the world.

how pessimistic.
I think many jews have been welcomed by the world.
Yoshke Christ, for one.

Carmen Luna

Post Mon, Aug 24 2015, 4:20 pm
sneakermom wrote:
Oy oy oy.
A yid is always a yid.
Everyone has a tafkid in this world. Hashem puts people in the right place and time to choose to bring light to the world. That's what Matisyahu did. True to his name he stood up for Israel.

1) Take it up with the chofetz chaim
2) Even non jews havva tafkid. Whats your point?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics