Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Dorm yehiva washing machines

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 5:08 pm
Do they usually have coin ones? My ds's yeshiva last year did not and he said they might have this year because they moved their dorm. He's not sure yet. I was wondering what most schools have.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 7:37 am
bump

ahuva06

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 7:46 am
I think everywhere is different but very often Yeshivos, seminaries and camps have machines that one needs to pay for.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 9:21 am
my ds ' yeshiva does not have washing machines. I wish they did it would be great for him to learn to do his own laundry!!

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 9:46 am
amother wrote:
my ds ' yeshiva does not have washing machines. I wish they did it would be great for him to learn to do his own laundry!!

How does his laundry get done if they don't have washers? Does he bring it home to you?

Yes, my son's yeshiva has laundry facilities. I'm sending him with some Tide pods -- just to make his first few loads easier -- but after that, he's on his own.

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 10:24 am
amother wrote:

What keeps you from teaching him how to do laundry when he is home?

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 10:26 am
I was thinking that if they have the ones you have to pay for, less likely kids will do their laundry and the kids will stink. This is not a dorm where the kids go home often.

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 10:48 am
I have 7 DS be"H and between them, they attended many yeshivos. Almost every possible option was present some place. Some places had machines free to use. Some had paid machines. In some they sent laundry out to a service. In some the boys had to bring their laundry a nearby (or not so nearby) laundromat. At least 1 DS of mine paid another bochur to do his laundry. Anything goes. You need to find out about that specific yeshiva.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics