Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Any other teachers dreading going back to work.
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 8:02 am
There is one thing about having a bad day we all have those and dreading going back to teaching the way op described. And op even said she wants to quit her job but her dh doesn't let. Does op come from a home where teaching is the only profession a woman is allowed to do? There are too many bad by teachers out there because that was the only job they were allowed to get. Op sounds like one of those who never should have taught in the first place.

morah

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 8:18 am
I thought so too at first, but with later posts, it seems to be a specific problem, and it's not about the kids. It should go without saying that if you don't like kids or can't handle them in groups of 20-something, then don't teach. Unfortunately, there are people who have selfish motives and continue to teach when they shouldn't. I've come across such teachers both as a student and a teacher. But if your problem is with the adults you have to work with, I don't think it means you're not cut out for it. Ask any teacher what the worst aspect of teaching is, and the answer is going to be either parents, administration, or paperwork. Those are the things that tend to cause most of the stress, but it's just a part of the job. You can do a good job without liking the more annoying parts of it. Hopefully, the people you ask don't answer the kids. Those would be exactly the people who shouldn't be teaching.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics