Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
I AM FREAKING OUT!

Beingreal

Post Mon, Aug 24 2015, 11:22 pm
I just got a job in the afternoon and I have not worked before I got married because of the economy and I am nervous. I have been a stay at home mom and I love my kids but I know this will help us financially. Any advice going into the workforce and having 2 little kids?

salt

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 2:46 am
My kids love it when I come back from work with a little something for them. Can be the tiniest thing. A left over cake from my lunch in the cafeteria. A little freebie that we got - a pen/ eraser. Anything. Obviously not every day, but every now and then.

pesek zman

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 9:29 am
Not sure why you're freaking out. Working moms don't love their kids any less than stay at home moms. You will enjoy spending time with them even more, it will be quality vs quantity and your kids will do great.

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 10:49 am
Welcome to the our world Wink

It is scary especially at the beginning but you have to keep reminding yourself that you are doing what is best for you and your family. You need this.

It will take time for you and your kids to get used to it, get into a routine and sync but after a few rocky weeks it will be (nearly) normal.

Try be as organized as you can. Prepare suppers in advance, freeze everything and just stick in the oven when you get home. Tell yourself that pasta, cereal or omelets are not terrible foods and are perfectly ok for emergency suppers. Invest in a crockpot too. Stick everything in there in the morning and come home to a nice warm supper.

Other ideas:
Prepare dry lunches and snacks for you and your kids on sunday. Place everything in individual bags and then you can just grab them in the morning (or the night before if you have time).
Choose one day a week (for me it is motze shabbos/sunday) to do washing and folding. Don't be upset if it stays on the couch all week because it is absolutely fine.
Include in your budget extra money for take out suppers and take out lunches for those days when you just don't manage to get everything done.

Print a big sign and hang it over the front door that says "you are a super queen" to remind yourself no matter what.

It helps, trust me.

Good luck!!

Beingreal

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 10:56 am
Thanks for all the advice. It's making me feel better and excited in this job.

Anonymiss 1

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 12:44 pm
I concur with the posters who suggested that organization is important.

However, I just wanted to point out that while as the stay-at-home parent previously, many household chores may have been primarily your responsibility, perhaps those chores should be shared with your spouse, now that you will both be working outside the home.

be good

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 3:34 pm
also, if you and the kids aren't home half the day, you aren't making messes, and the house may actually be neater!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics