Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
ISO overnight attraction accessible by public transportatio

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 7:18 am
DH needs to work, I don't drive, but would love to take my kids on an overnight trip somewhere accessible by public transportation from Brooklyn. Seeking suggestions.

Kitten

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 7:22 am
Where do you live?

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 7:45 am
Kitten wrote:
Where do you live?

Sorry, it inadvertently was left out. I'm usually pretty good about that, lol. See OP.

BetsyTacy

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 8:43 am
Philadelphia. Lots to do, easy to get to. Once at Penn Station, you can go fancy on the Amtrak, or take NJ transit and change at Trenton (just cross the platform--very easy) for the one hour trip to 30th station Philadelphia. Price them both out, it will vary depending on the ages of your kids (no fare, 1/2 fare).

sky

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 9:10 am
above suggestion is great. Washington DC is probably similar idea, a bit further away.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 9:25 am
BetsyTacy wrote:
Philadelphia. Lots to do, easy to get to. Once at Penn Station, you can go fancy on the Amtrak, or take NJ transit and change at Trenton (just cross the platform--very easy) for the one hour trip to 30th station Philadelphia. Price them both out, it will vary depending on the ages of your kids (no fare, 1/2 fare).

Sounds interesting!
Do you have more info? How do I find out the fares? How much is NJ Transit? When I checked the schedule for Trenton to Philadelphia, it said $0 fare, but $9 SEPTA for adults. What does it mean? What's the fare for Penn Station to Trenton? Are there any links you can send me, or a phone number of the ticket sales department?

In Philadelphia, where can I go? Are the attractions walking distance, or would we need a cab? Is there a hotel at the city center? I would love to take my kids to the Franklin Institute Museum. What's the admission fare, and is there a way to get discounted tickets? Is it walking distance?

Amarante

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 9:30 am
Realistically one night with public transportation would be not so relaxing since such a large amount of time would be spent in transit and settling into the hotel. Most people would plan to sleep two nights so they have one full day as well as the morning and afternoon of the day of departure to do things.

But Washington and Philly both have a lot to do if you want city. There would also be beach or country options if you prefer that kind of thing. Long Island is closer to Brooklyn for example.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics