Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
What's the story with Oros Yisroel?????
Previous  1  2

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 7:51 am
I know a few people who send their kids to oros Yisroel and husband is in kollel and oros Yisroel told parents to collect the tuition and one family does that asks all the neighbors to help them with tuition but oros Yisroel demands that every parent pay.
And every parent does pay vs. schools that charge 4,000 and still have the parents don't pay.

And yes it's special needs but the staff's salary is half of a salary as any person in Brooklyn would make for same kind of school and to rent a small classroom in another school is way cheaper and much less expenses than owning a building and paying for all expenses.

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 8:00 am
To the OP: What a tough place to be! If they don't answer the phone, try reaching the hanhalla by other means. Network. Do you know any other parents there? Any teachers? Maybe you know the mother/sister/daughter of a teacher or administrator there? Or maybe your Rabbi can get information.

And just maybe someone here knows the situation there and will post helpful information for you. I hope it works out well for you and your child.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 8:06 am
Rubber Ducky wrote:
To the OP: What a tough place to be! If they don't answer the phone, try reaching the hanhalla by other means. Network. Do you know any other parents there? Any teachers? Maybe you know the mother/sister/daughter of a teacher or administrator there? Or maybe your Rabbi can get information.

And just maybe someone here knows the situation there and will post helpful information for you. I hope it works out well for you and your child.

Thank you. I truly appreciate that.
My husband ultimately did reach the principal, who was very nice. He says they are doing some emergency fundraising and hope to open by next week.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 8:08 am
Of course they are going to open its just another tactic used to get people to donate money.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 9:16 am
I live in Lakewood and I pay over $6,000 for my boys in elementary and my girls is between $4,000 and $5,500 (I have some in high school).

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 9:26 am
The only yeshiva that tuition is over $6,000 is orchas Chaim because it caters towards a wealthy crowd but only working parents pay that price.

Tashbar officially is over $6,000 but at the interview before acceptance they tell you that you don't have to pay such a high price.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 9:57 am
My boys are in Orchos Chaim and I think we are in the "poor" class, even after they reshuffle, because while there is a rich clientele my boys have plenty of really non-rich boys in their classes every year.
Tuition is around $6000. Which I don't consider crazy because I'm from OOT and my parents paid $9000 for kindergarten. And my friend OOT is paying $13000 for regular ed yeshivish school OOT. So tuition in Lakewood is CHEAP.
My friends who send to other schools said many schools are getting closer the $6000 mark even though many parents don't pay it. My daughters schools is about $4500 for elementary school.

Of course schools that have to offer special services are going to have much higher expenses. I'm assuming smaller class sizes and many more teachers and assistance in the class room.

leah233

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 10:06 am
amother wrote:
Maybe because Rabbeim are in charge of these schools and their finances and not those who are accountants, businessmen etc....?

My family is involved in a certain well know Yeshiva. In the 1970's and early 80's that Yeshiva was governed by a board of directors consisting of super successful businessmen, lawyers and accountants. Plus the majority of the student body had parents who were college educated professionals.And yet I can't think of any other yeshiva that made dumber financial decisions and had to be bailed out from near bankruptcy more often.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 10:10 am
amother wrote:
The only yeshiva that tuition is over $6,000 is orchas Chaim because it caters towards a wealthy crowd but only working parents pay that price.

Tashbar officially is over $6,000 but at the interview before acceptance they tell you that you don't have to pay such a high price.

I pay over $6,000 a year to Kol Torah. They are NOT negotiable

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 12:44 pm
amother wrote:

No one told me that and we have a large family.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 1:58 pm
This thread was never intended to become another stupid, pathetic Lakewood-school-bashing thread. It was purely for practical purposes, to see if someone has first-hand information.
Please leave the rumors, speculation, and lashon hara out of it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics