Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Chicken with potatoes, prunes and pomegranate molasses

Amarante

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 5:54 pm
Chicken with potatoes, prunes and pomegranate molasses

Source: Yotam Ottolenghi

Very easy. You just throw everything into a bowl, mix well together then throw into a large baking/roasting dish.

8 whole chicken legs (each with a drumstick and thigh attached, about 4 1/2 lbs in all)
16 medium fingerling or baby Yukon potatoes, peeled
3 large onions, peeled and quartered
5 oz pitted prunes
3 tbsp grated fresh ginger
1/2 cup soy sauce
6 tbsp pomegranate molasses
1 tbsp maple syrup
5 oz sweet mango chutney
1/2 tsp whole black peppercorns
1 1/2 tbsp oregano sprigs, plus a few picked for garnish

Heat the oven to 400 F

Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl, then tip it all into a large ovenproof roasting or baking dish.

Cover with a lid or thick foil and bake for 10 minutes.

Lower the heat to 350 F and cook for 1 1/2 more hours, stirring every now and then.

When the time is up, remove the dish from the oven, stir once more, cover and set aside for at least 15 minutes to rest and allow the flavors to mingle.

Garnish with a few oregano leaves and serve with a sharp green salad and some good bread to mop up the lovely juices

devo1982

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 12:53 pm
I made this for Shabbos and it was delicious. The pomegranate molasses somehow elevates it from a normal teriyaki-style (with the soy and the maple syrup) to a lipsmacking, can't get enough of it tangy sauce. I didn't cook as long as the recipe specified, so my sauce was likely more liquid than syrupy, but it was so, so, so good.

Thank you!

Amarante

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 12:55 pm
Glad you liked it and yes the pomegranate molasses does elevate and give it a more refined flavor while still not being too much for less sophisticated palates. :-)

Ottolengi has created a huge sensation. There are people who are cooking their way through his cookbook I'm not that dedicated. LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey