Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
So tiring staying home with the kids
1  2  Next

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 6:12 pm
Am I the only mother who feels its easier to work than to stay home with the kids? Its day 3 of staying home with my two l ittle ones and I find it so tiring to entertain them all day though I love them dearly...

mommy321

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 6:17 pm
I agree. The morning rush is harder when working, but the whole day is exhausting with kids.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 6:21 pm
amother wrote:
Am I the only mother who feels its easier to work than to stay home with the kids? Its day 3 of staying home with my two l ittle ones and I find it so tiring to entertain them all day though I love them dearly...

Thank you!!! Finally, someone who doesn't wag their finger at me for expressing my weariness when all the kids are home "and you don't even work"!

morah

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 6:25 pm
Me too. My husband makes enough that I don't really have to work. I work because I want to! I find being with small children to be draining and mind-numbing. The time away allows me to enjoy the parts of the day I do spend with them.

sandwitched

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 7:07 pm
Yes it's tiring, and its OK to admit that. I also work because I want to. I cannot stay home a whole day with them. I find that they end up having a better mother when I'm not with them simply because when I do get home its quality time...
And I don't care what anyone has to say about it. I don't like housework, I don't like laundry. Why should I be unhappy day in day out?

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 7:27 pm
Thank you for for validating me. I always felt somehoe funny to admit that I actually like working..

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 8:19 pm
Op, I totally understand u --I work full time and when I am home with my children during my vacation it is hard !! So I totally understand u and anyone who wrote they choose to work to get a break--but in my situation I would wish I could work part time at a less stressfu job now since I'm stuck at a stressful job bec we need the money --I am grateful to spend time without my nasty bosses micromanaging me....even if it means to be home with my children and figuring how to entertain them
--so yeah I totally understand ur situation too op

Newmom12

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 8:19 pm
Same here! Although I can't say I have the luxury of working just cuz I want to as oppose to needing to. But I can safely say if ghat were the case I would still FORSURE work. I don't feel bad about it I know everyone is wired differebtly and I can not stay at home. My son has a much happier and calmer mother because I work. But I do feel shy telling that to others cuZ it makes me feel inferior

Stars

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 8:26 pm
I feel a lot more energized and accomplished on a working day. Not to mention that I actually get more housework in on days when time is limited, vs Sundays when the
day drags on and on.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 8:30 pm
This thread is so validating to us sahms!!

Ima_Shelli

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 8:34 pm
I work because I love working. I'd be tearing my hair out after three days at home with two toddlers, although I love mine to the moon and back.

sandwitched

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 8:46 pm
Stars wrote:
I feel a lot more energized and accomplished on a working day. Not to mention that I actually get more housework in on days when time is limited, vs Sundays when the
day drags on and on.

Oh yes! Sundays are the laziest day. And if I don't get out of the house for work I don't get dressed before 12pm.

wannagrow

Post Thu, Aug 27 2015, 7:40 am
I've been in school and working all my 15+ years of marriage. Highly professional and respected job. And it never really felt this way. Wish I could stay home with the children. And as I had more I cut down my hours. Yes I can definitely agree that it is challenging and a huge test of patience to be home with the children. But I think that is our challenge to grow. To do the job with patience and love cause no one can replace mommy. Ideally if u ask me a mother can and should work maybe 2 days out of the week to still maintain her sanity her appreciation for her children and her role to get some outside stimulation for her husband to appreciate her ( although I do feel it is sad that men don't appreciate appreciate the role of homemaker as they should ) and for the children to learn a sense of independence withou mommy staying on their heads all day ( huge issue of helicopter parenting today!). What do y'all think?

sandwitched

Post Thu, Aug 27 2015, 8:51 am
wannagrow wrote:
I've been in school and working all my 15+ years of marriage. Highly professional and respected job. And it never really felt this way. Wish I could stay home with the children. And as I had more I cut down my hours. Yes I can definitely agree that it is challenging and a huge test of patience to be home with the children. But I think that is our challenge to grow.To do the job with patience and love cause no one can replace mommy. Ideally if u ask me a mother can and should work maybe 2 days out of the week to still maintain her sanity her appreciation for her children and her role to get some outside stimulation for her husband to appreciate her ( although I do feel it is sad that men don't appreciate appreciate the role of homemaker as they should ) and for the children to learn a sense of independence withou mommy staying on their heads all day ( huge issue of helicopter parenting today!). What do y'all think?

I think every individual should know herself and where she grows best. My challenge personally would be to have as much patience for housework as I have for business. Whereas love is concerned I don't think it's a factor. If U love ur children it doesn't matter what u do by day. The child's gonna feel it automatically..

HonesttoGod

Post Thu, Aug 27 2015, 11:24 am
Yes!
My kids are happier when they are out.

I wish I didn't have to work ALL these hours but its better for me than to be home trying to entertain my highly energetic family.

Someone recently asked me where my kids get their energy from I said most definitely not me. I get exhausted just doing the evening rush of supper bath bed.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Aug 27 2015, 11:27 am
My mother always worked (and I am in my late 40s) and she said "I am a better mother outside the house than inside" and I never understood what she meant, until I became a mother.

I have a sister that always was upset that our mother worked and is a stay at home mom and great at it, but I am a better mother outside the house than inside too.

causemommysaid

Post Thu, Aug 27 2015, 11:44 am
Yup. I would be a terrible SAHM. I work because I have to and because I would go crazy if I did not.

smss

Post Thu, Aug 27 2015, 12:34 pm
It really is so difficult. Over the summer I was wondering when I became such a horrible mother. Then school started again and suddenly, what do you know, I'm a good mother again.

bfc chat

Post Thu, Aug 27 2015, 2:54 pm
just imagine a women who has been trying to have kids for many years and wishes to be in your shoes right now

boysrus

Post Thu, Aug 27 2015, 3:19 pm
amother wrote:

depends on your job! I work with with little kids and it is an exhausting job! I prefer being home with my own kids, it is less tiring. If however I had an office job, I could imagine it being more tiring being home with the kids.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics