Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Wheezing

happyfaces

Post Thu, Aug 27 2015, 12:53 pm
My baby is just about a year. Has bein wheezing ever since I can remember. Bein through all meds. Goes and comes, But doesn't go away completely. Would you know of anything I can give her that helps? Any other advice from ppl that have bein through this would be appreciated.

mandr

Post Thu, Aug 27 2015, 1:56 pm
Been there done that. What worked for him was Flovent inhaler twice a day. Once he was on it we BH never had to use Ventolin (albuterol) or the nebulizer which used to be the routine for him. Feel free to PM me if you need more info.

happyfaces

Post Thu, Aug 27 2015, 2:48 pm
Right now shes on ventolin and flovent twice a day. Worked for a while but when I stop for one day she back to the wheezing. I need something Perment. Dont want her to be on it all her life.

mandr

Post Thu, Aug 27 2015, 2:51 pm
Are you using it with a spacer? Did she have a stridor as an infant? When she wheezes do you go to the doctor and determine the source? Sometimes a sound from higher up mah sound like wheezing but it's not originating from the lungs at all but rather the airways (trachea).

happyfaces

Post Thu, Aug 27 2015, 3:10 pm
Yes I am. We count ten seconds then let the air out then again. Thats 4 times morning and 4 at night. Yes doc said shes a bad case of wheezing he said if this doesn't help he sending me to a lung doc. Which he would rather not cuz first thing they to is send down cameras! ( neither do I want too)

tweety1

Post Thu, Aug 27 2015, 3:14 pm
Did you take herto a pulmonologist? My niece had what you're describing. It turned out she has juvenile asthma

happyfaces

Post Thu, Aug 27 2015, 3:18 pm
He said not to think its asthma cuz shes to small for that.

Think1st

Post Thu, Aug 27 2015, 3:40 pm
No such thing as to young to have asthma, just to you to diagnose

Mark Moss, MD, pediatric allergist at the University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics.

http://www.thebump.com/a/asthma-baby

happyfaces

Post Thu, Aug 27 2015, 8:58 pm
Anyone else have any natural remedies for wheezing that worked? TNA

imamazing

Post Thu, Aug 27 2015, 10:02 pm
Ask your doctor about singulair. It worked well for my son, together with the Flovent.
Also have you ruled out allergies?

happyfaces

Post Thu, Aug 27 2015, 10:16 pm
Is singulair for babys? Its interesting you bought up allergies, cuz she does have rashes on her hands..feet. However I Cant think of anything she can be allergic too. Till recently she has only drank bottles of neocate.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Aug 27 2015, 11:24 pm
I don't know much about baby s and wheezing. but I do know that I suffer from acid reflux gerd and at times I sound like I am wheezing. I was told that gerd mimics asthma.So I take medicine for reflux. Good luck!

happyfaces

Post Thu, Aug 27 2015, 11:28 pm
amother wrote:
I don't know much about baby s and wheezing. but I do know that I suffer from acid reflux gerd and at times I sound like I am wheezing. I was told that gerd mimics asthma.So I take medicine for reflux. Good luck!

She was a reflux baby as well... Crying
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics