Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
How to plan a wedding shower??

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Aug 27 2015, 5:32 pm
B"H, I am working with my daughter's friend to plan her wedding shower in a few weeks, but neither one of us has done this before. Can anyone give me some ideas as to what to do?

WaterWoman

Post Thu, Aug 27 2015, 5:49 pm
First, you want to figure out the basics: time, place, guests. Is the shower going to be a surprise? If so, you will want to enlist help from some other friends to get contact information so you can issue the invitations without the bride knowing what's going on.

Decide on a menu, and who will prepare the food. You could make it potluck, ask everyone to bring a certain dish. Select a few (no more than 2 or 3) games that you think the bride will enjoy (look up ideas on the internet-they're all over the place, just watch out for the somewhat less-than-kosher ideas).

The overall purpose of a shower is to bring the bride and her friends together, have a good time, and celebrate her upcoming marriage. It should be relaxed and fun, not have tons of drama.

Feel free to PM me if you want some more ideas...I've done this a couple of times Very Happy

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Aug 27 2015, 5:55 pm
Waterwoman, thanks for responding--we did figure out the basics--sent out invitations w/date, time, etc... I am just trying to figure out other than food, what am I planning for the few/couple hours these ladies will be together??? What "games" do young ladies this age play or do? I really want it to be fun, but have no idea where to start on how to plan the event (other than the food, and where, etc...)

WaterWoman

Post Thu, Aug 27 2015, 6:00 pm
amother wrote:
Waterwoman, thanks for responding--we did figure out the basics--sent out invitations w/date, time, etc... I am just trying to figure out other than food, what am I planning for the few/couple hours these ladies will be together??? What "games" do young ladies this age play or do? I really want it to be fun, but have no idea where to start on how to plan the event (other than the food, and where, etc...)

Hmm...is there something that the bride particularly enjoys, such as a certain book or activity? If so, you can give the shower a theme and a lot of the details, like food and decorations and games, can spring from there. I went to a shower where the hostess bought an inexpensive shower curtain (shower-get it?) and provided Sharpie markers where people could write cute messages. At my shower, my friends took the story of how DH and I met and fell in love and turned it into a Mad Libs, which ended up being hilarious. There are games that involve the guests either writing down a particular memory (such as how she and the bride met), or bringing a small item that refers to how she and the bride met, and the bride has to guess who it is. You can tie it in with opening gifts-she has to answer correctly before she can open up the gift.

I hope this helps!

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Aug 27 2015, 6:02 pm
Thanks--you have given me an idea maybe I can work with. I appreciate the help here....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics