Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Will I be accused of behaving inappropriately?

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Aug 27 2015, 9:26 pm
Today I was waiting in line at the checkout counter getting ready to check out. I was standing right behind a wagon with a child sitting in it facing me. The mother was in front of the wagon and there was no space to move around the wagon. The two year old boy dropped a bag of bamba. There was no way for the mother to reach the bamba so I picked up the bamba and asked the child if he dropped it. The child nodded his head and then I gave it to him. The mother gave me a dirty look and then went to speak to the manager. Am I in trouble? Will police come and handcuff me tomorrow?

lucky14

Post Thu, Aug 27 2015, 9:35 pm
no the police will not do anything to you. The manager would not do anything to you. IF that is what the mother went to talk to the manager about then she was over-reacting. Don't worry about it. Seriously... you did the normal thing in that situation.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Aug 27 2015, 9:37 pm
I appreciate your reply. I should have gone to sleep already but I was scared of being not allowed back to the store. I don't want to have a reputation as a child abuser.

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Aug 27 2015, 9:44 pm
I can't tell if this is a serious post, because it sounds so much like a joke. Did you abuse the kid or not? Why would you even think that picking up something the kid dropped makes you an abuser?

black sheep

Post Thu, Aug 27 2015, 9:53 pm
why do you think the mother would accuse you of child abuse?

BrachaBatya

Post Thu, Aug 27 2015, 9:59 pm
I, too, read it and thought, "is this for real?!?" I don't get...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics