Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Scheduling/Calendar

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Aug 28 2015, 8:29 am
For those of you that don't have internet on your phone, what do you use to keep track of appointments/events? I've been using the calendar on my non-internet phone for years and it's on its last leg now. A replacement with a similarly compatible calendar is quite expensive for us at the moment. Apart from the calendar issue I'm happy with a simple cheap phone but I really can't manage without the calendar.

I have a computer with filtered internet but I must have my calendar on me rather than on the computer.

What do you use?

cbg

Post Fri, Aug 28 2015, 8:49 am
I'm quite old fashion, but what's wrong with a pocket calanderand a pen. Or did people forget how to manually write. Sorry for the sarcasm, but I come from a generation that STILL has a land phone line at home, and the cell is only used when I go out. If you want to talk to me call me at home, like in the 80s

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Aug 28 2015, 10:04 am
cbg wrote:
I'm quite old fashion, but what's wrong with a pocket calander and a pen. Or did people forget how to manually write. Sorry for the sarcasm, but I come from a generation that STILL has a land phone line at home, and the cell is only used when I go out. If you want to talk to me call me at home, like in the 80s

Nothing wrong with a calendar and pen at all! I use my land line all the time too and I don't think I'm outdated. The thing is, I always have my phone with me when out, not so much a bag where I can keep a calendar. Besides, on my phone I can always check things from the year before or schedule ahead without carrying more than one calendar. Smile

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Aug 28 2015, 10:13 am
Did you check eBay for used, but still working cell phones that have the functionality you need?

seeker

Post Fri, Aug 28 2015, 11:32 am
I'm not sure what kind of thing you're looking for... every single non-smartphone I have owned has a calendar, and they are all pretty similar. Can you please elaborate? I have never had a smartphone but have had various types of regular cell phones, none expensive at all, and they all have had a calendar that you can enter appointments and events with notes and reminders and all that. Even my first cell phone a billion years ago.

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Aug 28 2015, 2:42 pm
amother wrote:
For those of you that don't have internet on your phone, what do you use to keep track of appointments/events? I've been using the calendar on my non-internet phone for years and it's on its last leg now. A replacement with a similarly compatible calendar is quite expensive for us at the moment. Apart from the calendar issue I'm happy with a simple cheap phone but I really can't manage without the calendar.

I have a computer with filtered internet but I must have my calendar on me rather than on the computer.

What do you use?

Can I ask you which calendar did you use on your smartphone-I'm new to the smartphone.

zaq

Post Fri, Aug 28 2015, 4:24 pm
I use the wonderful calendar Agudah sends me every year. It doesn't come with the input devices, aka pencil or pen, but those are easy enough to come by.

zaq

Post Fri, Aug 28 2015, 4:25 pm
cbg wrote:
I'm quite old fashion, but what's wrong with a pocket calanderand a pen. Or did people forget how to manually write. Sorry for the sarcasm, but I come from a generation that STILL has a land phone line at home, and the cell is only used when I go out. If you want to talk to me call me at home, like in the 80s

I think I love you. Ditto on everything.

Maya

Post Fri, Aug 28 2015, 4:27 pm
I used to carry around one of those 5x7 sized notebook calendars. My favorites were the ones with only two or three days on a page, with enough space to write in all I needed to accomplish on any given day. I would stick a pen into the spiral binding so one was always on me. Is there room in your purse for something like that?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics