Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Will I get a lot of use from these?

mha3484

Post Fri, Aug 28 2015, 12:23 pm
I am looking for new boots. Mine have finally bitten the dust after 5 winters. In my quest to not pay full price I saw these on nordstrom rack.

https://www.nordstromrack.com/.....=PWN#

I typically go with the black/brown/tan which match EVERYTHING. But these are a good chunk of change off and a nice change of pace so tell me what I can wear them please. Thanks!

seeker

Post Fri, Aug 28 2015, 12:33 pm
I'm no fashionista but I could see these going with a lot. They will go with all your black/gray/brown/tan skirts just fine and various other colors as well (navy, mustard, whatever?)

mha3484

Post Fri, Aug 28 2015, 12:36 pm
Thanks! I know that full price divided by the years I wore them is probably not so crazy but I like to get a deal. What can I say.

Dolly Welsh

Post Fri, Aug 28 2015, 12:53 pm
Oh. You want to wear pink boots.

They will show every bit of dirt. And you will be wearing pink boots. There's a REASON they are so cheap.

Now, if the shoemaker can dye them a darker color, evenly and professionally, that's different. But the texture may change a little. You know best about that.

I vote no. Unless you are fine with pink boots. Some fashionistas might be. But then perhaps they should not be your only, go-to-all-the-time boots. And they WILL get dirty.

A light color at the foot draws the eye down there, which can make a woman look shorter, and anything light-colored looks larger, leading to having big feet.

A tiny (small footed) woman, young and fashionable, who had a lot of other boots, might have fun with these.

mha3484

Post Fri, Aug 28 2015, 1:15 pm
Dolly the ones I was looking at were a deep dark red. Not pink.

Maya

Post Fri, Aug 28 2015, 1:20 pm
I think yes. If these hold up well in snow and won't stain easily, the color is will likely go with a lot of your clothes.

seeker

Post Fri, Aug 28 2015, 1:22 pm
Pink? I think my eyes and screen are both working as usual and they looked kind of maroon to me. Or burgundy or something, I never get the names straight even if I know what I'm seeing. I like them! Different than plain black but not in a bold loud way.

Amarante

Post Fri, Aug 28 2015, 1:31 pm
I think burgundy is a beautiful classic color and really goes with just about anything. What color do you wear in the winter that it wouldn't go with?

A winter coat in black, brown camel or navy blue sets off the boots perfectly.

I love adding color with accessories.

Barbara

Post Fri, Aug 28 2015, 1:45 pm
seeker wrote:
Pink? I think my eyes and screen are both working as usual and they looked kind of maroon to me. Or burgundy or something, I never get the names straight even if I know what I'm seeing. I like them! Different than plain black but not in a bold loud way.

PWN. I think its an abbreviation for Plum Wine. Definitely not pink.

OP, IMNSHO, its a very versatile color, much more versatile than black. It will work with black, gray, camel, and even brown.

That said, they're Uggs. They won't be good in snow, and they're not going to win any prizes for beauty.

mha3484

Post Fri, Aug 28 2015, 1:47 pm
I have black hunter boots that I got as a gift last year. They are amazing in the snow. It was the first winter I was not in a bad mood all day. I was looking for something more for cold but dry days. Chicago has plenty of those haha. Thanks all for the help!

Dolly Welsh

Post Fri, Aug 28 2015, 1:50 pm
I think they may be lighter than you realize. Look at the edge of the soles. They certainly are not plum or burgundy, at least not to my eyes. It is true they are not light pink. An "old rose", maybe.

Very cute, if that's you, and, if you have others as well, perhaps.

It is a BEAUTIFUL color, but easier to wear above the waist.

Scrabble123

Post Fri, Aug 28 2015, 4:27 pm
UGGS will stain if you're not fully on top of it. They are great to keep yourself warm, but they will stain and fall down and crease if you have a more narrow ankle and/or leg. I would not recommend wearing them in the rain or snow, and would advise you to avoid puddles, but maybe some other amothers have had different experiences with them....

Amarante

Post Fri, Aug 28 2015, 4:37 pm
While these are a very pretty color, I don't think realistically you would get five years of use from them if you intend to use under foul weather conditions.

These aren't such a huge bargain IMO as they are only a third off.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics