Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Spinoff "endowed"
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Royalblue

Post Sat, Aug 29 2015, 4:49 pm
I'm a 32B and happy with that. Wouldn't want to be an A!

amother
Lemon

Post Sat, Aug 29 2015, 4:52 pm
I am a 36 G and I cant stand it.
It is very hard to find clothes that look appropriate

amother
Seashell

Post Sat, Aug 29 2015, 5:07 pm
amother wrote:
I am a 36 G and I cant stand it.
It is very hard to find clothes that look appropriate

Another 36G (sometimes H depending on bra) chiming in.
I've given up on looking good and buying nice clothes.
It's just too painful to see all these gorgeous outfits and know that my bust will ruin how I look in it.
B"h I have a really nice figure - small waist and slim hips, but my bust just ruins everything.
I only go shopping now when I absolutely must. It's so discouraging and futile.

Ruchel

Post Sat, Aug 29 2015, 5:33 pm
Apart from shirts with buttons (and even then, get the tape), there aren't so many things you can't wear, amother. Okay so maybe you skip the horizontal lines... lol... I don't understand why you can't fit on top. If you need a bigger size, take it. If you need the stomach taken it, take it in. If you need clingy fitted material, buy that. You can wear a sleeveless or tank top above it if you feel too self conscious.

Amother chassidish flat... I see all body types in all circles, but again NY is another planet so maybe they're all flat...

amother
Burgundy

Post Sat, Aug 29 2015, 7:37 pm
amother wrote:
Question: are you happy the way you are endowed? Did you want to be the other way?

I'm well endowed and I never thought about wanting to be smaller, just more firm Crying .

Iymnok

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 2:13 am
For well endowed women, you can get a top that fits nicely on top an get it tapered to fit your figure. Princess seams or darts added.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 2:27 am
Ruchel wrote:
Apart from shirts with buttons (and even then, get the tape), there aren't so many things you can't wear, amother. Okay so maybe you skip the horizontal lines... lol... I don't understand why you can't fit on top. If you need a bigger size, take it. If you need the stomach taken it, take it in. If you need clingy fitted material, buy that. You can wear a sleeveless or tank top above it if you feel too self conscious.

Amother chassidish flat... I see all body types in all circles, but again NY is another planet so maybe they're all flat...

I know all the tricks in the book for clothing that will be more flattering for my figure.
Still, I have to try on like 20 items, and before that disqualify like 90% of the items in the store that I won't even bother to try on, to finally arrive at the one thing that might have some potential and then often needs to have work done on it.
That really takes all the joy and fun out of shopping and makes it into a chore to be dreaded.
Even more frustrating because this is a figure flaw that I can do nothing about, other than surgery. I've been heavy in the past and lost the weight and still find myself struggling with clothing.
Also, even when I find something that fits and looks 'good' - it's never as good as it would look if I were less top heavy. My breasts dominate my look no matter what I do.
When you're small you can wear a push up or padded bra. When you're as big as I am, even with a minimizer, there's no where to hide.

imaima

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 3:55 am
amother wrote:
Another 36G (sometimes H depending on bra) chiming in.
I've given up on looking good and buying nice clothes.
It's just too painful to see all these gorgeous outfits and know that my bust will ruin how I look in it.
B"h I have a really nice figure - small waist and slim hips, but my bust just ruins everything.
I only go shopping now when I absolutely must. It's so discouraging and futile.

I don't see how it is absolutely impossible to look goos with such a body. It sounds like you look gorgeous!
I think the trick is to wear separates, unless it's a wrap dress.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 4:12 am
36DDD here. Anyone else here can only wear Edith Lances bras? I call it my prison (coz of the wires) lol

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 4:21 am
imaima wrote:
I don't see how it is absolutely impossible to look goos with such a body. It sounds like you look gorgeous!
I think the trick is to wear separates, unless it's a wrap dress.

Well thanks for that- I wish ... Sad
I love wrap dresses. They're the only thing I feel sort of good in.
I do wear mostly separates. I try to get shirts with a surplice neckline or a deep V. But they're hard to come by and they have to be a really dark color and the shoulder/sleeves have to be the right cut too. I can't wear light colors at all. I feel they're not flattering.
It doesn't help that my bust line is not as high as it used to be when I was younger. Tops don't always sit right because of that and unless they taper or are fitted, so you can see my waist, I just end up looking dumpy. Smile

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 4:26 am
amother wrote:
36DDD here. Anyone else here can only wear Edith Lances bras? I call it my prison (coz of the wires) lol

LOL I call mine my 'armored trucks'. (Not Edith Lance btw).

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 4:31 am
What company do you wear? I'm curious if there is any minimiser that would do a better job than the EL

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 4:33 am
amother wrote:
What company do you wear? I'm curious if there is any minimiser that would do a better job than the EL

I wear Wacoal bras. Truth is my favorite one right now is really not so much an armored truck but it works very well nonetheless. Very impressive actually.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 4:55 am
I've worn Wacoal in the past and in terms of minimizing it does NOT COMPARE to the EL! (Besides which I found that the straps dug into me)

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 5:09 am
amother wrote:
I've worn Wacoal in the past and in terms of minimizing it does NOT COMPARE to the EL! (Besides which I found that the straps dug into me)

Could be. I don't have any experience with Edith Lance. I need to be able to try something on before I order it so I stick to dept. store brands. I'm very happy with Wacoal and find the bras comfortable too. What I like about the particular bra that I have now is that it minimizes but doesn't give me that flattened, wide shape that other minimizers tend to give me. It's also seamless which is very important to me. I hate seams.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 7:13 am
Amother I haven't seen you so I can't tell, but I would think maybe some is in your head? what do salesgirls in shops recommand? what does your husband think of your tops?
About "too low", this may be an issue. Get a few very good bras. Get fitted first then buy online if you don't have 150+ to put... I look dumpy in nursing/non wired bras all right and all tops do look bad then. I wear a normal bra out of the house ALWAYS. And no going braless. Wish I could help you shopping I'm sure we would find.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 7:54 am
Ruchel wrote:
Amother I haven't seen you so I can't tell, but I would think maybe some is in your head? what do salesgirls in shops recommand? what does your husband think of your tops?
About "too low", this may be an issue. Get a few very good bras. Get fitted first then buy online if you don't have 150+ to put... I look dumpy in nursing/non wired bras all right and all tops do look bad then. I wear a normal bra out of the house ALWAYS. And no going braless. Wish I could help you shopping I'm sure we would find.

It's not in my head that I am big on top. 36G/H is quite big by any objective standards.
However, I am willing to concede that I might not look as bad as I think. Self-image is always in the head, no? We never really know how others are actually perceiving us.
DH thinks I look great but he thought so too when I was 70 lb heavier and trust me I did not look good then. So I really can't count on him being objective!
Salesgirls here are for the most part not helpful and their taste is often questionable. They'll usually try to get you to go one size lower and wear things tight. I do my best to avoid them.
There are exceptions of course.
I do wear good bras that give me good lift. Still, when you age things sort of go downhill IYKWIM. Sad I think smaller busted women look more youthful for longer.
Right now I feel that my bust makes me look matronly and adds ten years to my otherwise youthful figure. I'd consider surgery but I'm afraid. I've had too many non-optional surgeries in my life to be casual about the idea. We'll see. I might get desperate enough and just do it.
Oh and did I mention what a nightmare it is to exercise with 'the girls'? Even locked into my great sports bra.
So in answer to OP"s question - I would much rather be smaller. Not tiny but definitely smaller on top.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 9:21 am
I didn't say it's in your head that you are big on top, but that it may be in your head that everything looks bad. Or I don't know, maybe about the clothes in your country? I rarely ask suggestions from salesgirls either, but when I do I often feel they are helpful and they often agree with my thought..

No one stays perky forever, even small breasts can and do sag... this is nature... Ninon de Lenclos (iirc) said if G-d had asked me he would have placed women's wrinkles under their feet (or something).

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 12:25 pm
Well pre pregnancy I was a 34 b or c. Now I'm pregnant, first time BH, and I'm not that size anymore!! I'm certainly not tremendous, but don't fit comfortably in my old bras. Time to get maternity ones:) was always happy with my size tho. Still am. Not small at all, but I show nicely, my husband is very attracted, so yay!

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 12:32 pm
I was always happy with my size. As a girl I was 36A or 34B depending on which bra company. When pregnant, nursing I go up one cup size, so then I'm a B-C until I stop nursing. I like it when I'm smaller and I like it when I'm a bit bigger, but I wouldn't want to be even bigger.

One thing I can tell all you smaller gals, if you do push-ups that really helps you look your best. Start with 8-10 every other day and work up to 25. You'll clearly see the difference!!!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics