Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby extremely gassy at night!!

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 5:38 pm
Anon because I've adked basically everyone I know in person:

My 2 month old has always been very gassy, but from day 1 has nursed and gained exceptionally well, self regulating to feed every few hours (sometimes I'll wake o feed during the day to not go more than 3.5 hrs) and from early on knh had a 4-6hr stretch after falling asleep easily. The second half of the night has always been a problem with gassiness and fussing which has recently gotten worse where her fussing and grunting wakes her up. She rarely makes a BM durning the night and explodes the diaper come morning time.

The LC at the hospital said I have "over abundant" supply and told
Me to feed with her head higher, burp often and to only feed from one side per feed and I think I have done a good job with that.

The Pediatrician said to try mylicon and baby probiotics and even gave her reflux meds since she hates passing gas in both directions and criiiies before either one.

I am already off dairy, and the doctor and LC both said there is no such thing as a "gassy food" that I eat making baby gassy. The conclusion at this point is I have to wIt for the gut to mature. Meanwhile baby is SO SAD at night and when she needs to pass gas or BM (and immediately is happy when it passes) but is otherwise knh a beautiful happy baby!!! It's so strange!

Other than waiting it out does anyone have any suggestions?

Sewsew_mom

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 5:43 pm
I would say b4 feeding her pump an ounce and than feed. It's more annoying especially in the night cus u need to wake up but I feed one side and pump an ounce b4 (read a lot about it b4 I did it) and omg I see a huge difference in baby! Reason is cus baby is getting a lot of foremilk and therefore growing exceptionally well but is not satisfied and being filled with a lot of high sugar milk. Therefore causing excessive bloating gas and explosive diapers. She'll also burp faster and better. Hope u see relief soon! It's trial and error and lots of patience.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 7:34 pm
I had that too, gassy baby due to oversupply. First of all, around 3 months it really got so much better. (At that point, your supply is regulated by demand as opposed to hormones, so it should settle to suit your baby's needs.) In the meantime, I used an essential oil blend that really helped. It's called DigestZen from DoTERRA. I also just found this one from another EO company that I really like, which is much cheaper, and also formulated especially for kids. http://www.planttherapy.com/in.....ZViko You dilute a drop or two in some coconut oil and massage around the belly button.
Hatzlacha!

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 8:09 pm
Op here

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. Any idea why baby only is having such pain at night mostly? And what to do about it? My mother suggested maybe to un- swaddle to allow baby's legs to move more so she can relieve herself more easily so I'm trying that and we shall see.

Also I'm not so sure about the oversupply since I didn't have it with my first (who incidentally had terrible colic and reflux and gained slowly) and I'm worried now that I don't have enough since she only gained 5 oz in the past two weeks although still wetting and soiling and seems content after eating so who knows anymore?!?

Any other thoughts?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics