Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Bringing stroller from America

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 9:18 am
I am due with my first b'sha tova and was planning on having my parents bring me a stroller I bought there significantly cheaper but have just been informed that it may be a problem to bring a stroller without a baby....they were planning on just checking it in as a suitcase....does anyone know a/t about the rules/how to get around it?

Smile1234

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 9:40 am
I dont have too many details but I've heard the following from friends:

If someone brings it in without declaring it, and they see it - meaning either it was checked in as a 2nd suitcase in its original packaging, or they happen to go through your suitcase and see a brand new stroller - you will have to pay customs and a fine.

If you just declare it before they check your luggage or see the box, you will just have to pay customs. I dont know how much that is.

I hope someone here can clarify how much customs is, as I would like to know that information as well.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 9:41 am
Does it make a difference that I made Aliyah? Cuz I know that we can bring appliances in so...does this sort of count somehow?

Smile1234

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 9:42 am
amother wrote:
Does it make a difference that I made Aliyah? Cuz I know that we can bring appliances in so...does this sort of count somehow?

No clue. Why don't you ask nbn?

Iymnok

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 9:45 am
Many people find someone with a kid or two who's coming anyways and lend it to them for the flight. They gate-check it.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 3:47 pm
bump. Does anyone know that it is for sure a problem? Has anyone successfully brought one easily?

devash1

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 3:56 pm
My parents just gate checked it for me and had no problem getting it on the plane or getting through customs. It was open and not in the box, so maybe that's why it wasn't a problem. No one questioned why they had a stroller without a baby.

EBY

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 3:57 pm
Brought astroller inside a suitcase with other stuff three years ago and had no problems at all. I thought you can also just check the stroller by itself without a box and pay for it as an extra bag but I have never tried it...

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 5:18 am
Where is the problem? Once you get to Israel or checking it in America? Maybe after the flight , before my parents go through customs they can just give it to a family to wheel out for them?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions