Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Lifestyle resort in Porta Plata

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 1:36 pm
Hi anyone been to kosher lifestyle resort in porta plata? What type of room did you stay in? Are the villas as nice as they sound? Food good? What are kid friendly activities available to do with kids under 6? Do they have a good babysitting service? Any important info I should know before booking?

Thanks so much!!!

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 5:34 pm
amother wrote:
Hi anyone been to kosher lifestyle resort in porta plata? What type of room did you stay in? Are the villas as nice as they sound? Food good? What are kid friendly activities available to do with kids under 6? Do they have a good babysitting service? Any important info I should know before booking?

Thanks so much!!!

I loved it. The food was great and abundant. The Rabbi is totally accommodating. I found out later we were entitled to use a golf cart. Loved loved loved my vacation. I went with only DH.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 6:06 pm
Which room did u stay in? We originally wanted a villa Bec there's a private pool but after looking on map it seems far from the kosher dining area. Now we are considering the presidential suites.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 9:05 pm
amother wrote:
Which room did u stay in? We originally wanted a villa Bec there's a private pool but after looking on map it seems far from the kosher dining area. Now we are considering the presidential suites.

I don't remember. I went in December. I stayed in a suite. I really enjoyed the place. They had shows every night and we made friends and went with them. The Rabbi facilitated people getting to know each other.

He bent over backwards to accommodate every request. You will be in awe at the amount of food and the variety. They have an abundance of waiters, cheifs and bakers.

We didn't go in the pools. We walked on the beach early mornings. It was a wonderful vacation. We went for a long weekend leaving Thursday evening and returning late Sunday.

How long are you going for?

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 9:34 pm
Was there, and don't have much to add to above amother nothing less then what she said, we did take along a baby babysitting was great (but was the most expensive part of the vacation). we used by day the kids center and in the evening they came to our room. I would say you should either take the presidential if being close to the food and having a huge room is important to you we stayed in cofresi beach suites I think it's best the room, was nicer then nice, plus it's the closest to the beach. And only 5-7 minute walk to the kosher food.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 9:36 pm
Oh before I forget you have to buy the Vip pass for $25 without it you'll miss out a lot

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 9:59 pm
Which part of the world is this

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 5:44 pm
OP here! What type of food is served over Shabbos? will there be traditional Shabbos food?
Anyone been to ocean world that's next door to resort? Any other impotant info I should be aware of? I'm going next week IYH.
To the amother who used babysitting - who are the babysitters that they have?What is there to do in the evening as a couple?

Thanks so much everyone!

sungood

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 7:35 am
Shabbos food is for the most part traditional, the schedule in the morning is a little different (full breakfast 10am and shabbos sudah 1pm). The baby sitter came from the kids center she worked there by day and came to me in the evening, I had her shabbos too because I didn't want to carry there.

sungood

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 7:42 am
They are going to ask for a crazy price on baby sitting. What we did is I told her how many hours a day I want, and let's say it came out to be 15-16 hours they gave me a better price per hour. When I paid before leaving I had less hours but still paid the better price. It was still expensive

sungood

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 7:45 am
In the evening you drink, party and watch some shows that they have there.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 7:49 am
Thanks so much! How much is it per hour? Was babysitter good? Shows are at the resort? What type of shows? Sounds fun Smile

sungood

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 8:29 am
I forgot the price. Ye baby sitter was good, she actually never bothered me we stayed out 2 nights till 4:30am. Shows are at the resort. Most shows are dancing with a story to it.

sungood

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 8:29 am
How long are you going for?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 10:17 am
One week! Did u go to ocean world? Any other interesting things we should do?

sungood

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 6:55 pm
I didn't go off the resort was there for 4 days including shabbos didn't have time to go anywhere. Ocean world was free then. There are a lot different tours you can take the resort can help you with that best.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 5:17 pm
I am actually trying to book this now. How did you book? Internet doesn't seem to work for them to book. Did you call? And I'm confused which place is kosher. Any help is appreciated. We also want to go for three nights like someone above did. So glad to hear that it was fun and doable.

sungood

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 7:28 pm
Check out lifestylekoshervacations.com
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics