Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
What is a Beauty roast?

yaeli83

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 9:59 pm
Dh came home with one and I'm not sure what to do with it. I want to use it for RH. Anyone have a recipe?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 10:03 pm
I believe it' chuck eye roast

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 10:06 pm
Argh I hate the renaming of cuts of meat. It's either a chuck eye roast or a rib eye. If I saw it I could tell you which one it was.

kb

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 10:53 pm
My husband went to the butcher for a brisket and they sold him a beauty roast. They told him they didn't have any small pieces of brisket, and this would work the same way.

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 11:08 pm
kb wrote:
My husband went to the butcher for a brisket and they sold him a beauty roast. They told him they didn't have any small pieces of brisket, and this would work the same way.

A chuck eye and a rib eye are both heavily marbled pieces of meat. They would not be cooked the same way one would make a brisket due to the structure of the muscles and fat distribution. Both the chuck eye and the rib are are best cooked quickly and at high temps. Chuck eyes are long and oval and can be cut into petite steaks. A rib eye is the meat portion of a prime rib trimmed of bone.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics