Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Teenager getting upper lip wax?

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 10:48 pm
My dd wants to have her upper lip waxed. I'm not opposed to the idea, I could see how she feels uncomfortable. I want to take her to someone sensitive and private. Anyone have a good referral to someone in monsey? TIA

Fave

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 10:59 pm
Not sure why this needs to be done in private. I remember that when I was in 6th/7th grade, I went with my girlfriends to get my eyebrows and lips waxed on our walk home from school.

Now if you would tell me that your daughter is experiencing early onset puberty and she's only 9, then I would understand the privacy issue. But you say that she's a teanager. Facial hair is something that she needs to accept as part of her life and please don't play hush hush with it. She'll wrongfully assume that there's something to be ashamed with it.

amazingmommy

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 11:10 pm
Yup! Me too used to go for waxings with friends on way home from school together starting from 9th grade! Nothing to be embarrassed of!

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 11:10 pm
No, she's just naturally private and doesn't need an audience

smss

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 12:21 am
I've never had an eyebrow/lip wax NOT done in private. Not anywhere, not when I went to frum ladies in their homes and not when I go to salons. There is always a private room.

peekaboo

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 1:00 am
Heaven scent has private rooms in monsey where they do waxings.

agreer

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 1:40 am
Almost every nail place has a private room for waxing

tichellady

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 2:10 am
I think threading is better for that area

ahuva06

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 4:52 am
The nail salon in the atrium plaza is very good. The waxing rooms are in a closed off area in the back and your daughter will have her privacy Smile

syrima

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 7:52 am
Does she know it will really hurt and the area will be red for a few hours? Do it when she can stay out of view for a while until the kin calms down.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 8:14 am
thnx so much for the suggestions! yes, she knows it will hurt, but feels its worth it. do I need to make an appt. for these places or can you just walk in? any idea which is better: nail salon by atrium, heaven scent, or the place in shoppers haven??? would it be better to go to someone who does it from their home?

Rebesq

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 8:33 am
I use someone in a house in Monsey. She can walk her through it. I don't want to post her number publicly. And no clue how to pm. Can you pm me?

ahuva06

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 8:51 am
amother wrote:
thnx so much for the suggestions! yes, she knows it will hurt, but feels its worth it. do I need to make an appt. for these places or can you just walk in? any idea which is better: nail salon by atrium, heaven scent, or the place in shoppers haven??? would it be better to go to someone who does it from their home?

I had the best experience at the place in the Atrium. Heaven scent botched me up a few times. I am not familiar with the place in shoppers haven though.

bamba

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 9:20 am
tichellady wrote:
I think threading is better for that area

Threading is much more painful for the first few times until she gets used to it she should do waxing. It's much quicker and less pain!

smss

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 12:33 pm
syrima wrote:
Does she know it will really hurt and the area will be red for a few hours? Do it when she can stay out of view for a while until the kin calms down.

It really shouldn't if the person doing the waxing is good. It will hurt but shouldn't be excruciating and will be red for a few minutes, not hours...

Unless maybe you're talking about the first time only? Could be, don't remember...

lapmom

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 12:54 pm
pm me, I have someone in monsey whos great, she waxed me first then I ended up doing electrolysis, it worked amazing, its been years and 1 baby still no hair there bh!

ahuva06

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 2:27 pm
smss wrote:
It really shouldn't if the person doing the waxing is good. It will hurt but shouldn't be excruciating and will be red for a few minutes, not hours...

Unless maybe you're talking about the first time only? Could be, don't remember...

First time isn't all that different than after. It's not such a big deal at all. The pain isn't worse than stubbing your toe or any such small things that hurt for a minute and then it's over.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 3:08 pm
Ayelet from Limage is a DOLL! I highly recommend her for a first timer. And it really doesn't hurt! I just had full body wax for before Mikvah and I'm fine Smile
In Limage you don't have to make an appointment just for lip but I would call before to make sure when Ayelet is in that day. Don't use Grace she doesn't shut up.

Rebesq

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 4:37 pm
I've been waxing for 25 years. It will hurt at the beginning, and upper lip is especially sensitive. But it's quick and gets better with time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children