Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Do you use FaceBook?
1  2  Next

Sanguine

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 4:34 am
I'm not a FB lover - Are you?

Iymnok

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 6:39 am
Nope, and no account. I waste enough time here!

Maya

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 6:47 am
Yes.

amazingmommy

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 7:07 am
I think its addictive and no point, why do I need friends that don't even reall know me?.,,

amazingmommy

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 7:07 am
Cute picture! That's the truth!

reportrmom

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 7:15 am
Yes, I do use facebook. It is a way of staying in touch with people I have no opportunity to see in real life. I found a fair number of people I had lost touch with from high school 20 years ago and it's been fun reconnecting.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 7:17 am
amazingmommy wrote:
I think its addictive and no point, why do I need friends that don't even reall know me?.,,

I know all of my Facebook friends in real life. I'm not a teenager who friends everybody and accepts all friend requests. 98% of my friends are female and the other two percent are either make relatives or male friends of the family. I don't accept friend requests from my friends husbandS, even if I know them in real life.
Like everything else, it's how you use it that is good or bad.

Sadie

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 7:20 am
Yes, I live in Israel and I use it to keep up with friends and family in the US and other parts of the world. All of my FB friends are people I know in real life.
I also belong to buy/sell/swap, thrift, apartment hunting, and jobs boards. I tutor English and I advertise in tutoring groups. For me it's great.

ahuva06

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 7:24 am
I had an account for years but I decided to delete it. Too many of my friends were posting their kvetches and gripes and I found that I would get so full of anxiety every time I went on FB. I also noticed that viewing everyone's "perfect" relationships with their spouses made me feel jealous and insecure - even though I am not normally a jealous person. FB only shows half a story and I personally got sick of it. I am happy with my deleted account Smile

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 8:02 am
I have a really hard time understanding face book or what the point of it is. So no. I don't use it.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 8:09 am
mommy2b2c wrote:
I have a really hard time understanding face book or what the point of it is. So no. I don't use it.

The point for me is to stay in touch with people whom I don't see or talk to on a regular basis. I'm also in groups for my kids schools, a recipe group, a car seat safety group, a gluten free group....I don't post pictures of myself of my family, I don't post mundane stuff like "this is the chicken I had for supper" and I don't share stuff about my husband or marriage.

etky

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 8:48 am
I opened an account a couple of years ago to keep track of my kids' interactions on FB but I don't use it socially myself. I have never posted anything and have no ' FB friends' other than my kids. IRL I keep up with long distance friends through e-mail and communicate with every-day type friends through Whatsapp or by actually seeing them.
That said, I have 'liked' quite a number of publications and organizations and I enjoy reading what is posted on my feed. I also 'lurk' in a local group so I get info about what is going on around me. Sometimes I will look up other groups that have an agenda that I identify with but do not care to join.
I don't care for much of the interaction I see on FB. There seems to be alot of boasting - subtle and not so subtle - as well as self-promotion and also a blurring of the private and public realms. There's something deeply immodest about the whole thing IMO. I think it should be used with extreme caution.

imasoftov

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 8:49 am
becca wrote:
I had an account for years but I decided to delete it. Too many of my friends were posting their kvetches and gripes and I found that I would get so full of anxiety every time I went on FB. I also noticed that viewing everyone's "perfect" relationships with their spouses made me feel jealous and insecure - even though I am not normally a jealous person. FB only shows half a story and I personally got sick of it. I am happy with my deleted account Smile

Fortunately no one either kvetches or writes about their perfect relationships (let alone in the same post, e.g my husband is the best in the world, mamash a tzaddik, except he tortures cats and leaves the bloody fur on the bedroom floor) on this site so everything is good.

ahuva06

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 8:52 am
imasoftov wrote:
Fortunately no one either kvetches or writes about their perfect relationships (let alone in the same post, e.g my husband is the best in the world, mamash a tzaddik, except he tortures cats and leaves the bloody fur on the bedroom floor) on this site so everything is good.

lol! When it's a bunch of anonymous people it doesn't get to me like it did when I knew the posters personally. Wink

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 8:55 am
I don't do FB but I'm beginning to understand its utility. Not at all interested in starting though.

etky

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 8:56 am
becca wrote:
lol! When it's a bunch of anonymous people it doesn't get to me like it did when I knew the posters personally. Wink

Yes, it's totally different when it's anonymous. I don't see much connection between imamother and FB. They serves entirely different purposes.

yidisheh mama

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 8:59 am
no. its just another thing ill be too busy with instead of doing things that are more important...

grace413

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 9:23 am
I also originally set up an account to monitor my kids but now I've been sucked in. More on a reading basis than on a posting basis. Strangely enough most of my FB friends are people I know from here or other internet places. I don't want to friend my real life friends and family because then it will really be out of control.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 9:33 am
eema of 3 wrote:
The point for me is to stay in touch with people whom I don't see or talk to on a regular basis. I'm also in groups for my kids schools, a recipe group, a car seat safety group, a gluten free group....I don't post pictures of myself of my family, I don't post mundane stuff like "this is the chicken I had for supper" and I don't share stuff about my husband or marriage.

To keep in touch with pple I call or text. The groups for kids schools, recipes, etc... I do understand the point of.

Jewishmom8

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 9:40 am
nope
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics