Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How many loads of laundry do you make a week?
1  2  Next

chevron

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 8:27 pm
I'm curious to know if my laundry schedule is similar to others. I have 3 little kids 5 yrs and under and I make about one full load of laundry a day. I wash almost every garment from children and my clothing that I wear at home every day . pants can sometimes survive 2 days. Pjs sometimes two nights. Linen weekly usually.

So what do you do? And how many people are in your family?

And the big question... How do you keep up with it? Confused What

Last edited by chevron on Tue, Sep 01 2015, 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

abs

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 8:28 pm
7-10 loads for 8-9 family members. (Not counting changing all the bed linens-that's another 4-5 loads!)

PinkandYellow

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 8:35 pm
6 family members, about 6 loads plus another one or two of linens. Sometimes I'll do all 6 loads on Sunday and by Monday it's mostly put away and the sheets and blankets are done as needed through out the week. On slow weeks (where I'm so tired), I'll do about 4 over the weekend and then about one a day all week.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 8:35 pm
Yes, once a day plus more for linens and extra towels.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 8:39 pm
Hard to know for sure. I have two bed wetters. So on their bad weeks. I can be doing linen non stop. I do pajamas everyday. All their clothing everyday. Mine and my husbands stuff as needed. I would say at least 10 loads a week. The way I manage is by having cleaning help.

abaker

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 8:39 pm
Probably 4 or 5 loads a week for dh, me, and a toddler.

asp40

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 8:53 pm
12-14 loads per week. We are 6 people. I do it daily and the kids know how to do it as well and they help.

happybeingamom

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 8:58 pm
I couldn't count the number is to high. I wish I had a second machine.

tweety1

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 9:01 pm
9 members including towels probably abt 2-3 day average. Some days it's 2 somedays it's 3

abs

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 9:01 pm
It also depends on the size of your washing machine. I have a very large capacity machine. If I use someone else's machine (such as when I go away for yom tov or such) I find I need to do almost double the amount of loads.

PassionFruit

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 9:13 pm
Now its about two every other day. Last year it was three a day cuz my son refused to wear diapers but really needed to be...
I have two kids under 4
Upkeep--I believe not having clean clothes is dysfunctional, but not having folded clothes is just not ideal. So, I make sure we have things to wear. Each member has their own laundry basket, and we fold when we can and don't when we cant. And if it ever gets to the point [like me last year] that you feel like you dont have enough clothes for three days, buy more.

SingALong

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 10:29 pm
7 people, youngest 3 are under 4. Toddler goes thru 2 outfits daily. about 4 loads a day. Linens daily sine I rotate one day mine, one day another bedroom, one day another bedroom. Toddler and baby linen and boa kids get washed 2x a week. Kitchen towels and rags daily. I don't fill up the entire washer each time, I just do such frequent washes since I can't keep up with the folding and ironing otherwise. I keep up with it all by having a housekeeper do all the folding and ironing and putting away. There's no way I can do it all.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 10:40 am
3 loads a week
4 people. My husband and I and two toddlers
I have to go to the laundry mat. Wich is a big pain so I try to do the least possible.

My kids all have one outfit for every day of the week plus about two spare in case they have to get changed during the day. I try to buy them cheaper outfits (like from the children s places when I have a lot of coupons or when other places have good sales) (and just one or too more expensive ones in case we go away someplace special) so that if they get a stain on it, and it doesn't come out because I didn't do laundry right away, its not so terrible plus it doesn't come out to so much money to buy so many outfits.

I do one dark, one white and one week towels and the next week linen.

(I use big machines. otherwise maybe I would be doing two dark loads)

sky

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 10:53 am
I do laundry 2 days\week. On those days I do:
2 dark
1 light
1 white (only once a week for white shabbos shirts, 1/2 load)
1 Towels
1 - 2 linen.

So I do 10 - 12 loads per week of laundry. Wow! never realized it was that much.
family of 6. All my kid's clothing and pajamas gets washed after one use along with most of mine and DH's tops. standard capacity machine.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 11:46 am
Family of 5 (3 kids) I do laundry one day a week. 3-4 loads that day/night (darks, lights, whites, and linen when I get around to it)

Jewishmom8

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 11:47 am
10-12

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 11:56 am
We do 2 loads cloth diaper laundry per week, and 2 loads regular laundry. We're a couple with a toddler.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 11:58 am
When I lived in America I did laundry on Sunday. My kids had a weeks worth of clothes and I did 6-7 loads on Sunday (maybe a load of towels Sat night). For 6 people.

In Israel the washing machines are much smaller. I am constantly doing laundry. I do 7 loads a day at least just to keep up. GD forbid someone throws up or wets the bed. The laundry is always going. Everyone in the house is constantly checking on it to move it along.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 1:01 pm
Oh I wish I had my own washer. Begging for next place to have one. We have a communal one for the building that we pay per load for each: washer and dryer. I only use those in an emergency as my neighbors aren't great about cleaning up after themselves. Ugg!
I end up doing at least 6 loads a week for a family of 3 on the weekend.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 1:04 pm
sky wrote:
I do laundry 2 days\week. On those days I do:
2 dark
1 light
1 white (only once a week for white shabbos shirts, 1/2 load)
1 Towels
1 - 2 linen.

So I do 10 - 12 loads per week of laundry. Wow! never realized it was that much.
family of 6. All my kid's clothing and pajamas gets washed after one use along with most of mine and DH's tops. standard capacity machine.

Why wash all PJs after one use? I let my toddler use his for a few days- it's not sweaty and his diaper keeps in his urine. I don't have enough to last a week!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry