Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Is there a way to send a nanny cam to playgroup on DD?
1  2  Next

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 9:07 pm
DD starts playgroup tomorrow and the scandal in Yerushalayim is keeping me awake at night. I live in the U.S. And I'm worried.

I trust the Morah but one never knows. She has two new assistants who appear to be about 20.

I want to buy a nanny cam or recording device and sew it into the tag of DD's shirt every day.

Am I crazy or is this a good idea?

Happy18

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 9:09 pm
They sell voice recorders that come in a variety of shapes and sizes. They sell ones that look like they are flash drives that you could just stick in a diaper bag.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 9:18 pm
Button camera?

Amarante

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 9:30 pm
Yes there are cameras that could be used and placed in her clothing or some other place.

I am in Los Angeles and there are actually "spy" stores that sell this kind of stuff. Something small and functional would probably be expensive since it would need to be small to be undetected and have the capability of transmitting the data.

Perhaps there is the same kind of store In Israel? I would want to buy from experts.

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 9:34 pm
I just wanted to point out that that would probably be illegal without consent of all of the other parents. It may also be illegal for other reasons as well. It is not your private home and you cannot give consent for all of the other children to be recorded.

It's very normal to be uneasy about the situation. I think that the most you can do is speak to your daughter about how her body is private, make her feel secure and loved by you, communicate with the teachers, maybe even stop by here and there, and daven to Hashem.

dooby

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 9:35 pm
bear cameras ....a bit obvious tho...

marina

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 9:37 pm
amother wrote:
DD starts playgroup tomorrow and the scandal in Yerushalayim is keeping me awake at night. I live in the U.S. And I'm worried.

I trust the Morah but one never knows. She has two new assistants who appear to be about 20.

I want to buy a nanny cam or recording device and sew it into the tag of DD's shirt every day.

Am I crazy or is this a good idea?

well, if those are my only choices, then you are crazy.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 9:39 pm
How about recommending to the playgroup that you want to install a camera. If everything is legit then she shouldn't mind having one.

marina

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 9:40 pm
I wonder how many teachers go home and think, gee, wish I knew what goes on in that home at night... maybe I'll pretend the kid won a pencil and eraser for a prize, but the eraser will have a hidden camera!

marina

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 9:41 pm
amother wrote:
How about recommending to the playgroup that you want to install a camera. If everything is legit then she shouldn't mind having one.

Can you install one in your living room and send me the feed every night? If everything is legit, you won't mind, yes?

PassionFruit

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 9:41 pm
You are not crazy, the situation over there is crazy. It is normal to be scared about your daughter. BUT, it is not in USA, as far as anyone knows. And regular abuse rarely comes from a woman. Do normal ed about molestation. Keep your relationship strong with her and pay attention to her nuances in behavior. Be in touch with her teachers and show that you are a conscientious parent. I do not think a camera is necessary.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 9:46 pm
I am a playgroup Morah. I am now freaking out at the thought of a camera on a kid in my house. Are you really serious?? In my opinion, if you choose a childcare provider, you need to have a certain amount of trust for her. And with two assistants, how could anything untoward happen anyway? Even an abusive caregiver would not dare to be abusive with witnesses there surely!
does the morah have good recommendations? Becuase if so, you can rest assured that other people's children have been happy and safe there. Dont worry so much

I feel ill at the thought of one of my playgorup kids coming with a hidden camera, what an invasion of the morah's privacy that would be, wow. Personally, I have an open door policy, parents can come visit whenever they want, but even so, I would hate to have a camera watching me, especially if I wasnt aware of it. And what about morah singing and dancing? That could be an invasion of her tsznius too

crazy world that parents can even consider this Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
I am anonymous to avoid giving away my identity.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 9:48 pm
marina wrote:
Can you install one in your living room and send me the feed every night? If everything is legit, you won't mind, yes?

Its non of your business what goes on in my house, but it definitely is my business what goes on in my child's playgroup.

Ps my nanny claims that she likes when there is a camera in the home that she works in, she has nothing to hide and the parents feel better.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 9:53 pm
My friend's three year old daughter was molested by her morah in a private Lakewood playgroup, and everyone had raved about that morah. Just saying...

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 10:01 pm
amother wrote:
My friend's three year old daughter was molested by her morah in a private Lakewood playgroup, and everyone had raved about that morah. Just saying...

Did they prosecute?

Miri7

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 10:21 pm
It's unlikely that you would even find a good, undetectable camera that would transmiit a live feed. It would also be wrong and likely illegal. It would violate the morah's trust in you.

Your best protection is to talk with your daughter as others mentioned about private parts, no touching, and never keeping adults secrets. Send to a playgroup that you have a lot of good references for. Drop in randomly from time to time. Offer to spend time in the class doing holiday baking or something. Those are all better than trying to sneak in a camera.

Simple1

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 10:33 pm
I understand being nervous. I sometimes wonder if parents can drop by the classroom at random times and if that would be a good alternative to a camera.

Talking to your kids is good, but not fully helpful if the child is very young - 3 and under.

Last edited by Simple1 on Tue, Sep 01 2015, 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Simple1

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 10:34 pm
amother wrote:

OK, now you're scaring me. Is she still teaching? Any more info. Can you PM me?

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 10:40 pm
My DD is two! Do you start explaining these things to toddlers still in diapers?

I get that it's a bad idea but I'm so freaked out by that other thread.

marina

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 10:44 pm
amother wrote:
Its non of your business what goes on in my house, but it definitely is my business what goes on in my child's playgroup.

Ps my nanny claims that she likes when there is a camera in the home that she works in, she has nothing to hide and the parents feel better.

Really? Everything that goes on in your child's playgroup is your business? If another child is crying or getting her diaper changed, is that your business? If a parent comes in and explains why she can't pay her daycare bill on time this week, is that your business? If a mom comes in on her lunch break to nurse her child, is that your business? If a child with a disability receives therapy during daycare hours, is that your business? If an assistant asks for a raise, is that your business? If the morah spills chocolate milk all over her blouse, is that your business?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics