Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Is there a way to send a nanny cam to playgroup on DD?
Previous  1  2

marina

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 10:46 pm
amother wrote:
My friend's three year old daughter was molested by her morah in a private Lakewood playgroup, and everyone had raved about that morah. Just saying...

My grandma was crossing the street and got hit by a car. I still cross streets. Just saying.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 10:53 pm
marina wrote:
Really? Everything that goes on in your child's playgroup is your business? If another child is crying or getting her diaper changed, is that your business? If a parent comes in and explains why she can't pay her daycare bill on time this week, is that your business? If a mom comes in on her lunch break to nurse her child, is that your business? If a child with a disability receives therapy during daycare hours, is that your business? If an assistant asks for a raise, is that your business? If the morah spills chocolate milk all over her blouse, is that your business?

It seems like the morah and parents don't mind bc there is a camera in my ds playgroup.

DrMom

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 1:10 am
amother wrote:
It seems like the morah and parents don't mind bc there is a camera in my ds playgroup.

If adults *consent* to be recorded/to have their minor children recorded all day long, that is one thing.

But surreptitiously recording people without their consent is illegal (unless you are the NSA, unfortunately) and voyeuristic and paranoid.

tichellady

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 1:39 am
I agree with marina here. Skip the camera.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 2:05 am
funnyface wrote:
You are not crazy, the situation over there is crazy. It is normal to be scared about your daughter. BUT, it is not in USA, as far as anyone knows. And regular abuse rarely comes from a woman. Do normal ed about molestation. Keep your relationship strong with her and pay attention to her nuances in behavior. Be in touch with her teachers and show that you are a conscientious parent. I do not think a camera is necessary.
I just wanted to point out that your two statements above are very naive. Do you really think that no women abuse? And do you think that there is no abuse in the usa?
I have not read that other thread about the iriya gan abuse, but abuse can (and does) happen everywhere.
That being said, if you want to put a camera OP, talk to the other parents and make it legal, not on your daughter.

causemommysaid

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 10:56 am
how about a better idea? They sell GPS tracking devices for kids. Put one on your baby and you will know where she is at all times. Its not a camera but its something.

pesek zman

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 11:15 am
I personally think it's insane. My daughters daycare has open door policy. Me or any parent can come anytime they like. The staffing (2 to 8) as well as their experience (my baby's class has teachers who have been there for 17 years and 28 years) mean that decades of parents have trusted their babies with them. There are windows in every room so that I and others can see what goes on as I walk on the door. Accountability and transparency are key.

Sadie

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 11:28 am
I work as a nanny and I would be mortified and furious if I found out I was being filmed without my consent. There are plenty of things one can do that are appropriate around small children that you wouldn't want an adult to see or hear, especially a father.

marina

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 11:59 am
say your boss decides to set up a live feed of your office 9-5 every day. Raise your hand if that would work for you.

Aside from anything else, the poor morah has no idea whether you'll make fun of her sheitel that day, pass around the footage, talk about her body shape, or comment on her accent, dialect etc.

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 12:34 pm
amother wrote:

And hopefully parents gave written consent for the camera to be used when their children are present. This is quite common in schools and nursery schools here in the US. But the caveat is that parents must consent to this.

Butterfly07

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 1:16 pm
Why would you send your child to a playgroup that you are un-easy about in the first place? If you feel the need, let the Morah know that you would like to sit in one day or do a random pop-in visit, just to see how your daughter is doing.. Don't be one of those parents who do creepy things! Seriously! If the center you are sending to gives you a reason to be concerned Then talk to them about it. Ask other parents what their thought about it are. Yes there is something called preventative care BUT there is also taking things way beyond the 'norm'. If you are sending to a professional center, they have guidelines they have to follow and things should be and are reported and recorded. You also don't want to get a 'bad name' yourself from doing such things. No offence but if you were trying to get your kid into my playgroup and I found out that you 'wire tap/ spy' I would not want your kid! Not because I have anything to hid but because it is plain creepy!! Develop a good relationship with your kids Morah/Teacher Smile Doing this will help you feel more at ease with everything, really! You are a good parent for caring about your child, but don't go crazy putting thoughts in your head. It is unnecessary and it's not healthy. Also if you are you are having such feelings, keep in mind children can sense things and you don't want your child having negative feelings of leaving you when going to daycare. Good Luck

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 4:24 pm
I think the idea of a camera, though hard to broach, is better for the morah and all parents involved. We're all on the same team here- the parents want safety, the morah doesn't want suspicion. In a non-Jewish daycare situation this wouldn't even be a question.

gp2.0

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 4:28 pm
marina wrote:
say your boss decides to set up a live feed of your office 9-5 every day. Raise your hand if that would work for you.

Aside from anything else, the poor morah has no idea whether you'll make fun of her sheitel that day, pass around the footage, talk about her body shape, or comment on her accent, dialect etc.

Many offices have cameras. Mine does. The difference is that the cameras are visible and everyone is aware they are there. There is a sign posted too.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics