Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Please outfit 5yo DD for yomtov! $10 challenge?!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

sky

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 1:20 pm
But most of the labor day sale clothing isn't dressy winter\fall clothing. Its more on summery\lighter dresses or school clothing. If you want something that will last through the winter, I'm only seeing Zara showing it. Not too many other web sites.

seeker

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 1:23 pm
True about things being summery now. SIGH.

Which Marshall's? One in NY? They are so random.

kiwi strawberry

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 1:33 pm
I've always done really well in Burlington. Definitely have gotten complete Shabbos outfits for less than $15 but that was for toddler size, I'm not sure about older but I have found them very reasonable and have gotten nice things there.

There is a Burlington on Rockaway Turnpike by the 5 Towns and one at the Erskine Street exit off the Belt in the strip mall there.

Good luck and happy shopping!!

Oh and Target has a 20% sale on some brands now. But actually that's probably not on their winter stuff. That might be worth checking out too, though.

wiki

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 2:42 pm
If you can make it to a Carters store this weekend, it looks like there are 3 shabbosdik jersey print dresses for $13 apiece in the girls' sizes.

The fabric might be a little less nice (and less warm) than your ideal solution, but just putting that out there as one viable option.

http://www.carters.com/carters......html

wiki

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 2:42 pm
Edit: Hmmm, the link doesn't go all the way to the dresses. I was looking at "printed jersey dresses" in girls.

seeker

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 2:51 pm
Thanks for all the leads!

zigi

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 4:03 pm
40% off everything in Gymboree. with a 20% off coupon its much cheaper. there are dresses for 20. also crazy8 has everything for 12.99 and under stacked with a 20% off coupon save even more

zigi

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 5:15 pm
also check target.com they have some nice things also spend 40 get 10 off

myself

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 7:06 pm
[quote="Chayalle"]Am I the only one whose kids get their new clothes for Succos, not Rosh Hashana? Rosh Hashana is Yom Tov but it's not a Chag.

Plus it usually does not get cool by Rosh Hashana, so we can still stretch the summer clothes, and gives me a little more time to get my act together re winter wardrobes.....[/quote

My kids wear their new clothes for Succos but I buy before Rosh Hashana to ensure the sizes I need are still in stock and to avoid the last-minute rush.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 7:27 pm
Seeker, do you have a nice black skirt and shell for your dd? You can buy a cute furry vest. My girls looked adorable in said outfit.

seeker

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 9:53 pm
I have shells but no nice skirt. Also her body shape seems to do better with dresses, skirts tend to fall off her and there is always some bellybutton or, um, crack showing. But you never know what could work...

strawberry cola

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 12:18 am
Have you tried thredup?

goodmorning

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 10:05 pm
Has anyone come across a coupon code for ruum? I see a nice dress there in the right size but once you add in shipping, it's not cheap...

Either way, bumping this up for more ideas. Smile

yogabird

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 10:33 pm
http://www.hm.com/us/product/1.....351-C

I happen to love this dress. I'd get it for my daughter if she didn't already have something. I think it's perfect for now (well, maybe not like now like today, but now like the fall season, and also for throughout the winter. It's not 10 dollars, but you can get 25% off if you order 75+. There's also a code on retailmenot for 20 off if you sign up for there emails.

yogabird

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 11:03 pm
Didn't realize this was an oldish thread. Seeker, did you find something already?

goodmorning

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 11:22 pm
yogabird wrote:
Didn't realize this was an oldish thread. Seeker, did you find something already?

It's oldish but I bumped it up. Seeker isn't the only one looking for a bargain not-too-summery dress. Smile

seeker

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 12:39 am
Didn't realize threads age so quickly! No, I am a slow mover. I have a friend who says she might have something for me but I need to see it in person first to know if it will fit/be appropriate. And I will be passing near a TJ Maxx/Century/Marshalls type mall soon and HOPE I will have time to check it out.

momX3

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 11:45 am
Does anyone have experience with AliExpress and how long the shipping takes?

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 12:07 pm
momX3 wrote:
Does anyone have experience with AliExpress and how long the shipping takes?

I've ordered gifts from there. It's been around 4-6 weeks IME.

zigi

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 12:52 pm
amazon has some nice things for really great prices
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains