Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Cheerios are now Gluten Free!!

Notsobusy

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 12:40 am
I'm so happy for my dd, cheerios are now gluten free. We bought the regular and multi grain, but they also have honey nut, frosted and apple cinnamon. I didn't taste it yet, but my non-celiac dd did and she said it tastes exactly the same. (My dd with celiac thought it tastes the same too, but she hasn't had the original in a few years)

Soon they will only be selling the gf version, but for now be careful because both types are still on many store shelves. Enjoy!

smss

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 1:01 am
It should taste the same, Cheerios have always been made with oats. They must have just switched to gluten-free-certified oats.

Mom23gs

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 7:03 am
We also were excited, But my dd with celiac, who tolerates pure oats well, became sick after trying GF cheerios for a few days. There are many other such reports. I hope your dd does well, but it may be a good idea to read reports about GF cheerios and the process they use to clean their oats. Gluten Free Watchdog just finished a whole bunch of tests on the product. Otherwise, if she tolerates them, enjoy! The only flavor in which any ingredient was changed was Multigrain, so they taste exactly the same.

mha3484

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 10:16 am
The cheerios are extremely controversial. If I was celiac I would not go anywhere near them. https://www.glutenfreewatchdog.....ment/

Notsobusy

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 3:26 pm
Thanks Mom23gs and mha3484 for the info. I'm really surprised because I would have thought you could trust General Mills with something like this. Usually when it comes to allergens the bigger companies are so careful. I guess we will have to see if my daughter reacts to it. Oh well Sad

zigi

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 3:54 pm
they used to have wheat starch as an ingredient. now its corn starch. the first gf box I had I noticed the taste difference. the second box I don't notice it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics