Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Which convenience household items do you have?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

pause

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 2:56 pm
As for the seltzer machine, are the flavors kosher?
Isn't it a hassle to exchange empty carbonators?

mha3484

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 2:58 pm
The flavors are kosher but we dont use them much. If you find yourself near target or bed bath beyond its very easy to exchange the cartridges. Its possible others stores do it too I just dont know about it.

sky

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 3:01 pm
I have a crepe maker I got as a gift for Pesach and was never able to figure it out. They are too thick, too thin, crack, etc. I wish I could learn the trick to using it correctly.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 3:02 pm
November wrote:
Sky, can I get your kokosh or cinnamon dough recipes for bread maker? That sounds awesome!

Me, too!

sky

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 3:06 pm
November wrote:
Sky, can I get your kokosh or cinnamon dough recipes for bread maker? That sounds awesome!

I'll see if I can type it up. Really I use any yeast dough that uses 5 1/2 or less cups of flour. I've made recipes up to 6 1/2 cups. I find almost any recipe that isn't too large works well.

zaq

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 6:36 pm
pause wrote:
is the seltzer machine more convenient than buying seltzer by the case?

You betcha! Especially when you have to shlep groceries home in a Bubbie Cart.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 6:40 pm
So far my best gadget was my long handled dustpan. It saved my knees!

pause

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 9:02 pm
zaq wrote:
You betcha! Especially when you have to shlep groceries home in a Bubbie Cart.
Your grocery doesn't offer delivery???

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 9:11 pm
pause wrote:
Your grocery doesn't offer delivery???

Bubbie carts rock.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 9:17 pm
I make perfect crepes with my non-stick fry pan. I have one for meat, dairy, and Pesach. No need for a crepe maker.

And it is delicious on a winter Motzei Shabbos for Melave Malka. Just whip up a bunch of crepes, and let the kids have fun with ice cream and chocolate syrup.

I also have a waffle maker, for same reason. Make a big batch of favorite pancake mix, and use for waffles. Leftover pancake mix goes into fridge for breakfasts.

Bread machine...aah! What sky said. Babka, pizza dough, bread on occasion, challah dough, hot pretzels, etc....

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 10:28 pm
I just bought a second bread machine. Now I can bake whole wheat and white at the same time, and even take challah. It's still waiting to be toiveled. I have a big enough kitchen to store them.

I love my breadmachine. I have a kitchenaid mixer for large batches of dough, but I really do not like to use it. It makes a mess and the dough is much smoother from the breadmachine.

rachelbg

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 10:36 pm
A steamer (I use it for veggies)
A kumkum
A keurig single serve (I'm the only coffee drinker in my home)

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 12:07 am
I'm always surprised that nobody I know has an iRobot Braava. It's a robot that swiffers and then mops the floor. It's my best friend!!!!

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 12:16 am
Quote:
I just bought a second bread machine. Now I can bake whole wheat and white at the same time, and even take challah. It's still waiting to be toiveled. I have a big enough kitchen to store them.

If you make 2 different types of doughs and each one is less than 4 and a half lbs. of flour, then I think you cant take challa with a bracha. AYLR.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 8:40 am
Wow a lot of people use a bread machine. I like the idea of kneading my own dough, but if I didn't have an electric sieve I would NEVER make challa, or cake or anything with flour for that matter.

salt

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 8:41 am
I find my washing machine super convenient. Don't know what I'd do without it LOL

rosenbal

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 8:48 am
amother wrote:
Quote:

If you make 2 different types of doughs and each one is less than 4 and a half lbs. of flour, then I think you cant take challa with a bracha. AYLR.

I'm pretty sure you can combine doughs....take Challah even if they're just touching. I don't do this b/c I just use a Bosch for a big dough batch but I seem to recall learning this years ago.

zigi

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 9:08 am
amother wrote:
I'm always surprised that nobody I know has an iRobot Braava. It's a robot that swiffers and then mops the floor. It's my best friend!!!!

mil has a Roomba, I would love something like that, but there are too many toys on the floor. if I am picking them up anyway...

zigi

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 9:13 am
ice cream maker, sandwich maker, George forman, bullet, waffle maker. my father has a rice maker, he makes an unique blend of brown/wild rice. its so yummy. I don't have space for any more appliances. lol. for kugel I wind up hand grating b/c I don't want to shlep the food processor out of the cabinet. I guess if everything was in easy reach I would use more of them

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 9:32 am
Wall mounted ironing board. we installed one years ago in our laundry room. it has a plug and automatic shut off. This is something like it. The ones with the plug today cost a whole lot more.
http://www.amazon.com/SEI-Wall.....C160_
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics