Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Filter on Computer

noosheen

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 4:54 am
I want to install a filter on my computer. I have two - a macbook (very outdated, not sure if that makes a difference in terms of filter options) and another one.

What do you recommend? It doesn't HAVE to be free (although free is always nice), but if there's one or two out there that is a lot better and they have a fee, it's fine.

This is for my yeshiva bocher who recently returned home. As a precaution.

I have found in the past that when I put on a filter ie k9, it blocks so many sites that my dh and I use regularly that are fine. ie Old Navy, other shopping sites. I already have ad blocker witch is awesome at blocking disgusting vulgar ads.

TIA!

myname1

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 5:06 am
On K9, I believe you can make the category "Shopping" always allowed, and otherwise permanently unblock sites you want to have available. Sounds like that's a good option for you. I have a much stricter white-list filter (in Israel), but its intention is to keep me from using Internet for anything not necessary, not just really "bad" things that it looks like you're trying to prevent.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics