Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Looking for Pediatrician in Boro Park

Member24

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 1:36 pm
I am not happy with my current pediatrician. I am looking for someone in Boro Park (or Flatbush, but preferably not). Would be great if this office has early or late hours, as I work full time.

Member24

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 2:54 pm
Anyone?

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 3:50 pm
I'm extremely happy with dr diamond. They have early and late hrs.

rosebunch

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 4:04 pm
Dr. Kadar with ezra medical. Pleasant person and very devoted to his patients.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 4:16 pm
mrentro wrote:
I am not happy with my current pediatrician. I am looking for someone in Boro Park (or Flatbush, but preferably not). Would be great if this office has early or late hours, as I work full time.

What don't you like about your current pediatrician? That might help us figure out what sort of pediatrician to recommend.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 7:22 pm
Heard doc zuskein is great!

belovedaz

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 8:06 pm
amother wrote:
I'm extremely happy with dr diamond. They have early and late hrs.

Me too! And they have other Drs too so u can get comfortable with any one u choose

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 8:10 pm
We use Dr Mermelstein and he's amazing.

He gives you his beeper number where you can him 24/7. He's very gentle and extremely not pushy.

He never pushes invasive tests and stuff unless necessary. He would rather you call in and update him how the kid is doing multiple times before doing drastic things.

We're very happy there!

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 8:14 pm
rosebunch wrote:
Dr. Kadar with ezra medical. Pleasant person and very devoted to his patients.

Of course these traits are very important but a good diagnostician is also a very important key. Which is why I love dr diamond. He's not a youngster and has loads of experience. The other Dr's there are younger though.

Member24

Post Fri, Sep 04 2015, 9:35 am
ra_mom wrote:
What don't you like about your current pediatrician? That might help us figure out what sort of pediatrician to recommend.

She was recommended to me by a few people I knew who said they liked her. Right away I was a little unimpressed by the lack of professionalism in the office, but as long as the Dr. knew her stuff I was ok. Recently I heard that the Dr. told a mom whose baby had 103 fever to just wait until morning, and I find that very dangerous.

Member24

Post Fri, Sep 04 2015, 9:42 am
amother wrote:
We use Dr Mermelstein and he's amazing.

He gives you his beeper number where you can him 24/7. He's very gentle and extremely not pushy.

He never pushes invasive tests and stuff unless necessary. He would rather you call in and update him how the kid is doing multiple times before doing drastic things.

We're very happy there!

Sounds good, never heard of him. Where is he located?

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Sep 04 2015, 4:20 pm
curlygurly wrote:
She was recommended to me by a few people I knew who said they liked her. Right away I was a little unimpressed by the lack of professionalism in the office, but as long as the Dr. knew her stuff I was ok. Recently I heard that the Dr. told a mom whose baby had 103 fever to just wait until morning, and I find that very dangerous.

Well that doesn't mean she doesn't know her stuff. A newborn I know had 103 and dr diamond also said wait till the morning and bring her in. It turned out to be viral. Had she gone into the er they would've done a lot of unnecessary tests like spinal tap etc. Dr diamond sent her for a chest x ray took bloodwork on the spot (results he gets within a few minutes). He avoided a trip the er. Sending the er right away doesn't mean a good dr. I can do that too.

yidisheh mama

Post Fri, Sep 04 2015, 5:47 pm
I am really happy with Dr. Roth.She knows her stuff, and really cares a lot. The downside if using her though, it's the very long wait time in her office (unless you want to see a diff doc there). She might also say to wait till morning after seeing a baby with fever to avoid taking unnecessary tests.

mfb

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 12:15 am
High fever in a baby more than a few months old can easily be viral, that's why they say to wait!

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 12:45 am
Really happy with dr sadaka who is in Flatbush he gives out his cell number which u are free to call, text or email at any hour! He is also extremely patient, great with the kids and gives u his full attention anytime!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics