Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
So, what new clothing are YOU wearing this holiday season?
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 9:37 pm
Ive seen lots of posts about what to buy for the kids for yontif, but Im wondering if you got yourself something nice? Please share with those of us who could use some ideas and fashion sense!

Thank you!

mommyofd1

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 9:53 pm
I like this! I'll post as soon as I actually find something!

fbc

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 10:05 pm
Holiday season? I think next month I'll do black and orange, really in in October. I might walk around with a pumpkin on my head! December I'll be wearing a red velvet dress with white fur at the edges Wink that's what I'll wear holiday season!

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 10:16 pm
I knew someone would comment on the worfs"holiday season". I didn't put RH bc in another post someone commented on how new clothing is for sukkos, and there is always a debate whether it's yom tov or yontif.... So I stayed clear of that Wink

dee's mommy

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 10:22 pm
This year, for practical reasons, probably a couple of new tichels, and accessories. Those are always fun and make me feel special.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 10:45 pm
New Shabbos shoes from 6pm. Under $35.
A beautiful black Lane Bryant skirt I found at a resale shop I was selling clothes to. Also, a pretty teal/glitter sweater. And a lovely top I got at a thrift shop. I was surprised to find something nice enough for Shabbos.

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 10:47 pm
Not sure if I'll make the switch to maternity yet or just look super fat in last years clothes...

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 10:57 pm
I don't like spending money on me, so I generally buy in thrift stores or I get nothing. But I couldn't find anything in the thrift store yet. We are on a very tight budget, but dh really wants me to get something. I really don't have nice Shabbos clothing that fits me anymore, and I don't know where to start. I don't live near any jewish clothing stores, and couldn't afford it if I did.

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 11:28 pm
amother wrote:
I don't like spending money on me, so I generally buy in thrift stores or I get nothing. But I couldn't find anything in the thrift store yet. We are on a very tight budget, but dh really wants me to get something. I really don't have nice Shabbos clothing that fits me anymore, and I don't know where to start. I don't live near any jewish clothing stores, and couldn't afford it if I did.

I don't know where in the world you live, but places like Marshalls, Tjmax, Burlington all have nice things for really cheap. Not as cheap as a thrift store, but you can find a nice top for Shabbos for $20 or less. Lately I've been seeing a lot of long sleeves tops, so you may not even have to buy a shell or cardigan.

Bitachon101

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 11:35 pm
I think I'll be getting the emperors new clothing for me Rolling Laughter
I'll just have to wear a full shell under for tznius reasons...

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Sep 04 2015, 2:06 am
We recently had a wedding in the family, so the sheva brochos outfits will work for rosh hashanah. For sukkos I will need to pull out last year's stuff.

amother
Seagreen

Post Fri, Sep 04 2015, 2:42 am
New pantyhose. (I don't have time to shop for clothes.)

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Sep 04 2015, 8:12 am
amother wrote:

Do you have any resale stores near you? They're more expensive than thrift shops but still pretty cheap. I'm a borderline/plus size and there's a small chain of plus size resale stores where I live.

busy mommy

Post Fri, Sep 04 2015, 10:06 am
my husband really likes when I get something (anything) new for Yom Tov. It is his mitzvah. when we are really squeezed financially I usually get a new snood, fake neckalace (bubby's has really cheap ones, also in some of the kids stores (gap, old navy...), new lipstick or eye shadow, new perfume etc.

spring13

Post Fri, Sep 04 2015, 10:09 am
I'm scouring eshakti.com, trying to pick a dress. It will come in time for Sukkos if I do it soon!

amother
Beige

Post Fri, Sep 04 2015, 10:10 am
My husband is 2.5 years younger than me. He is in school and I work. It's hard at times but I know in the long run it's worth it. For this reason, I don't really buy nice new clothes or get any jewelry. I never understood where the idea comes from to buy new things, and get jewelry on yomtov? I kind of wish I got some jewelry but at the same time I think of it as me buying it for myself (since I make the $) and that feels odd. Dont want to sound like a brat but his parents have $$..kind of wish they would buy me some (obviously I don't expect them to)!

If I buy used clothing can it sort of be considered new (since it is for me)?

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Sep 04 2015, 10:12 am
Can anyone posts links to outfits they like? I know everyone is busy, but if you have a moment.

Thank you

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Sep 04 2015, 10:12 am
Beige I hope used clothes can be considered new. I'm very excited about mine because they're in great shape. And I know I couldn't have afforded some of them new.
My jewelry is real - real necklaces, bracelets, etc. The material is fake. I get great stuff from Kohl's clearance and unique pieces at second hand stores.

sky

Post Fri, Sep 04 2015, 10:17 am
the idea is that for the shalosh regalim women should get something new for yom tov. I don't think it has to be new, as in brand new in genera, but new for her.
It can be anything, shoes, jewelry (fake or otherwise), clothing, tichel, According to Reb Yaakov it could even be a cake for yom tov that she enjoys very much.
And it doesn't have to be that the DH buys it as a gift for his wife, she should just get something for yom tov.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Sep 04 2015, 10:20 am
I just switched to maternity. And a friend gave me a huge box of gorgeous barely worn stuff. And I have from the past. So I don't really want to buy.
My DH likes if I get something new, so I'll probably get a new black maternity skirt that I need in general. I'm looking for a very particular style to replace an old version that is pilled.

Bargains: This past summer I did amazing shopping at Loft.com. I bought about 5 really nice tops ranging in price for $7.50 (final sale) - $14.00. They have sales plus coupons and you can do very well.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics