Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
NEVER TRUST AN ANONYMOUS CALLER .CRAZY WORLD!!
1  2  Next

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sat, Sep 05 2015, 5:49 pm
So I finally stopped shaking like a leaf and can share my story. I live in israel and am moving back home soon..I hung up a sign for a moving sale with my phone #. Wednesday a man called me from private caller that he sees I'm doing a moving sale and is curious if I have any old shoes to give away leshem mitzva. I actually did have a few good pairs which don't fit me right to give away, so I was happy to give them to him as he offered to fetch them. He even added that I can put the bag outside my door and he'll come get it. I didn't like the private caller part, but the fact that he offered I can place the bag outside made me and my husband calm. A few minutes later he called back asking if I have old stocking to give away too. That struck me odd. I told him I probably have but if they're not good for me ,they're not good for others as they're all torn. He replied 'perfect!that's what I need'. In the end I did not put the stocking in as I coudn't see how someone could make use of my holey stocking. He called me after he got the bag to thank me and that was it for the night. The next night he called again and once again thanked me for the beautiful shoes and that whoever he showed it to loved them and that he loved the bows and the wedges bla bla.. then he went on to say that it seems like I havn't worn the shoes in awhile cuz he smelled them and they had a good smell. okkkk by now the ringing bells started beeping really loud in my brain. I happened to have been semi sleeping when he called so it took me a bit to chap what he's telling me. After that he added "can I ask u a funny question? do u have just one pair of stocking to give me?even torn..I need it emergency. I would even pay for it" I started quaking and for some odd reason, no clue what went into me, I answered" well I have loads of stocking but I find your question a bit interesting"( I should've knocked the phone down by now) so he answered"uhh ye, do u know whyyyy I want those stuff??????" that's when I banged the phone down and started shaking and sobbing!!!!hubby ran out of the bathroom and before I was able to explain what happened he called again, hub picked up and the guy banged down. There was my answer. I am traumatized to no end. The guy has my address and my shoes!!!!! I knew the world is crazy...but this???????????????????? to go and create such a long story all to be a pig???????? I can't stop thinking about it all day n night..so glad I'm moving away from here. I'm spreading this story so it shouldn't happen to anyone else. PLS BEWARE. WE LIVE IN A CRAZY WORLD. posting anonymous as I've repeated this story to plenty of people in real life.

amother
Navy

Post Sat, Sep 05 2015, 6:16 pm
You are NOT alone! This guy is insane...(if it's the same one, he had an English accent)
I once tried selling stockings on Janglo, someone else I know maternity clothes and he called us both (at separate times.....) I remember thinking how odd it was that a guy is inquiring about stockings! He asked me first how many pairs I had...are they nice? (huh? um.. they're just stockings!) then he said is it the type you can wear in the bedroom? at that point I almost vomited and hung up the phone... eww. total pervert. This happened by the way years ago! (I think 2-3 yrs ago)

Just make sure to lock your doors and be aware of your surroundings. Sending you hugs!
Not a pleasant thing to happen.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sat, Sep 05 2015, 6:21 pm
are u serious?? 2 3 yrs n hes still around??insanity. poor wife. I'm so afraid. He knows exactly where I live. but hes probably onto his next one already..

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sat, Sep 05 2015, 6:22 pm
I happen to think he had an american accent. but u can't know, he probably uses all kinds of accents. He introduced himself as Dovi.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sat, Sep 05 2015, 6:25 pm
I keep regretting I didn't make him come to fetch a pair of stockings and my husband would beat him up and throw him down all the steps. perhaps spill boiling water over him.

Last edited by amother on Sat, Sep 05 2015, 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Navy

Post Sat, Sep 05 2015, 6:48 pm
Yeah..I felt that way too! Who knows where he even lives...?! He didn't tell me his name and I didn't ask.. Lucky that you are moving soon but either way I agree he's probably onto the next target... Ugh

amother
Babypink

Post Sat, Sep 05 2015, 10:20 pm
My friend's husband was a SA with a shoe fixation. Stole old shoes at wedding halls. The guy was mentally ill, but not a rapist.

naturalmom5

Post Sat, Sep 05 2015, 10:21 pm
OP
Drama queen much ?

Just say good bye NUT case and hang up...
I'm wish I had such an idyllic life that one weird phone call would upset me so much

Last edited by naturalmom5 on Sat, Sep 05 2015, 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

forever21

Post Sat, Sep 05 2015, 10:29 pm
Wow, I'd also be freaked out by that! OP, what makes you think he has a wife? And maybe the guy ure each referring to are really two diff perverts??

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 1:05 am
You say you are glad you are moving. Just realize that this kind of weird stuff can happen anywhere.
Hugs to you.

DrMom

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 1:09 am
Okay, that's gross. Please don't give this pervert the satisfaction of letting it get to you so much.

vicki

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 2:09 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
You say you are glad you are moving. Just realize that this kind of weird stuff can happen anywhere.
Hugs to you.

While that's certainly true, this particular one has her address and phone number.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 4:18 am
vicki wrote:
While that's certainly true, this particular one has her address and phone number.

exactly! that's what I meant. Glad I'm moving and he won't know my address anymore.

Last edited by amother on Sun, Sep 06 2015, 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 4:19 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
OP
Drama queen much ?

Just say good bye NUT case and hang up...
I'm wish I had such an idyllic life that one weird phone call would upset me so much

Yes true. but..when you think you're innocently giving your shoes to some tzeduka organization and then find out a pig enjoyed smelling it, it just spooks.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 4:23 am
OP, calm down. It doesn't matter if he has your address. He doesn't want YOU, he wants your stinky, worn out stockings!

I guess I'm a lot more worldly than most. If I had to deal with that, I'd be selling this guy all the stockings and shoes I could find (Goodwill is a great place to find stinky, used shoes). If there's such a good market for these things, I could put DD through college, and a nice down payment on an apartment.

Not only that, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, either.

(hmmm, maybe I need to put an ad in CraigsList... Twisted Evil )

sourstix

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 2:44 pm
I think hanging up a sign to the public puts you in this vulnerable position. you never know who comes, and you dont make too much either. too much of a hassle.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 2:48 pm
sourstix wrote:
I think hanging up a sign to the public puts you in this vulnerable position. you never know who comes, and you dont make too much either. too much of a hassle.

Are you speaking from experience? Wink

Dandelion1

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 2:51 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
OP, calm down. It doesn't matter if he has your address. He doesn't want YOU, he wants your stinky, worn out stockings!

I guess I'm a lot more worldly than most. If I had to deal with that, I'd be selling this guy all the stockings and shoes I could find (Goodwill is a great place to find stinky, used shoes). If there's such a good market for these things, I could put DD through college, and a nice down payment on an apartment.

Not only that, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, either.

(hmmm, maybe I need to put an ad in CraigsList... Twisted Evil )

Lolol... there was a Law & Order episode about that.... turned out a bunch of elderly grandmas were running a little startup home business to sell used under things online..... LOL

anotherima

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 6:46 pm
Very scary. Not only did he want her old shoes but he was calling her for no reason, just to get his "kicks". Sick.

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 6:47 pm
aleph wrote:
Lolol... there was a Law & Order episode about that.... turned out a bunch of elderly grandmas were running a little startup home business to sell used under things online..... LOL

That was a great episode. I'll remember it the next time someone inquires about a work at home job LOL
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics