Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Did you doodle in high school?
Previous  1  2

Did you doodle in high school?
Yes - All the time  
 60%  [ 127 ]
Yes - Some of the time  
 31%  [ 67 ]
No  
 3%  [ 8 ]
No - I was a good student  
 2%  [ 5 ]
Who gave you my number?  
 1%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 211

Chayalle

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 11:21 am
I used to do sketches of my teachers in the margins. My kids love looking back at my doodles, and they go nuts at the wig styles.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 12:34 pm
I would draw intricate people, usually girls wearing bridal gowns, cute outfits, hairstyles, that kinda thing (yes, im a girly girl!) I was always embarrassed about my "doodling problem". I was no good at taking notes, my mind would wander way too much, I would borrow from a friend before a test and my marks were actually ok. It drove my teachers nuts though and got me into trouble sometimes. Not sure why, though, I was a really good kid who had a hard time focusing, would they have rathered I'd been disruptive and chutzpadik? Anyways, I have since become a makeup artist, so now I get to doodle on people's faces!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 1:08 pm
no. because I cant even draw a beach ball. I always wished I could draw/doodle, it would have been a benefit to my teachers if I would.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 1:12 pm
wiki wrote:
I was a very serious student, participated a ton and took notes that my friends would copy--but I was also a constant, compulsive, incurable doodler. I was a bit embarrassed by it and tried to stop it all the time, but simply could not.

Today I am a teacher, and my students always get a laugh to see that my grade book is filled with doodles too!

Needless to say, I tolerate my students' doodling completely, as long as their involvement in class is otherwise positive.

Thumbs Up
My seminary principal a"h doodled. That's haskama enough for me.

mirror

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 6:18 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I used to do sketches of my teachers in the margins. My kids love looking back at my doodles, and they go nuts at the wig styles.

Wow! Maybe you can post some of your doodles on Imamother? I can't draw.

BrachaBatya

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 6:46 pm
One can be a doodler AND a good student! I was! Doodling can actually help with concentration and focus.

gp2.0

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 8:33 pm
Doodling wasn't a problem. Writing 3,000 word long chapters of an ongoing HP fan fiction was more of a problem. I was never good at taking notes. If the teacher spoke to slowly and I got to the conclusion way before she got there, I was too bored to take notes. If she spoke too quickly my hand cramped up, I wanted to pause for a minute to understand and she was already miles ahead so I gave up. I still doodle when I'm on the phone.

applecake

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 8:40 pm
Total doodler here. Good notes, good doodles. Went on to art school. So maybe it didn't pan out after all...

dimyona

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 8:43 pm
I was a professional doodler throughout my school career. I would sketch my teachers and classmates, and design skyscrapers inside the margins.

I was also a good student.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 2:44 pm
I still do it...now I do it at work, my memo pad is full of doodles...it's something I do while listening to people on the phone etc....always doodled in class. One year I was very unhappy and I doodled lots of angry doodles throughout my looseleaf saying "I hate Miss , so and so" with all kinds of doodles around it. My principal was going through my looseleaf one day and came across one of those doodles...she asked me "what is this?" and I bluntly answered" It's the truth!"...she didnt say anything after that, she accepted it...I laugh about it until this day.

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 7:52 am
I also doodle till this day. Mostly when I get a boring phone call from someone I cannot hang up on like a sibling or yenta friend. It makes the conversation go faster. And yes, I doodled in high school and still got good grades.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics