Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Molluscum. Help! I'm desperate

solo

Post Sat, Sep 05 2015, 11:34 pm
My son has mollusvum for almost a year now. I've tried every home remedy and an rx. It keeps getting worse.
But that's the least of my problems my 12 month old ds just started getting it all over. On his cheeks, arms and legs. Their really small and don't look like much now. But I recognize it from the older one and know it's only a matter of days or if I'm lucky weeks.
Help

SingALong

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 12:18 am
I just used a natural wart medicine from a vitamin/health food store I mixed it with Vaseline and smeared it on each molluscum, they shrunk mostly and then disappeared after a couple of weeks. He still has a few here and there but not the whole bunch he used to have. A friend gave it to me to try, maybe go to your local health food store and ask for something like that it's a brown liquid.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 12:20 am
Tea tree oil is amazing! Dries them up within 2 weeks if applied properly twice a day.

This virus is a serious nightmare.

Good luck!

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 12:48 am
Dd has mc together with eczema. True Nightmare. Health food store gave me a spray which caused the eczema to flair up so I stopped using it.

LifesBliss

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 1:01 am
My kids ages 3 & 5 both had it. I went to dermatologist with them and the dr popped each pimple individually. It bled but then dried up and disappeared within a few weeks. I had to go back a couple of times to get rid of new ones that came out. They are bh all clear now.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 2:06 am
LifesBliss wrote:
My kids ages 3 & 5 both had it. I went to dermatologist with them and the dr popped each pimple individually. It bled but then dried up and disappeared within a few weeks. I had to go back a couple of times to get rid of new ones that came out. They are bh all clear now.

My dd (2 y.o.) also had a bunch "popped" by the dermatologist. This was about 2 months ago. Now I have to go back again b/c I just found another 2! It's mostly annoying though, b/c they have to put her to sleep and it has to be done in a hospital setting Sad not fun.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 2:46 am
It doesn't have to be treated.. This is one of those virus's which is annoying but not in any way dangerous to not treat and let it run it's course. Many dr.'s will recommend doing nothing.

solo

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 9:08 am
Rx for all the advice.
Life's bliss r u in ny. Which derm did u go to?
I used tea tree oil, apple cider vinegar, duct tape, thuja,
I also got an rx for podofilox, and then for Zantac.

When dshad only 1 funny looking blister on her shoulder I showed it to his dr who said its moluscum and just let it run its course.
Worst advice ever! It's course has spread all over his body and on to his neck. I wash his linen and towels daily. Wash out the tub after baths. He missed out on swimming this summer and gets teased at the playground. N
Now it spread to my baby.
I wish someone would have warned me whe she had just 1 that even though it isn't physically harmful it will continue to get much worse and is exhausting to care for

LifesBliss

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 9:33 am
solo wrote:
Rx for all the advice.
Life's bliss r u in ny. Which derm did u go to?
I used tea tree oil, apple cider vinegar, duct tape, thuja,
I also got an rx for podofilox, and then for Zantac.

When dshad only 1 funny looking blister on her shoulder I showed it to his dr who said its moluscum and just let it run its course.
Worst advice ever! It's course has spread all over his body and on to his neck. I wash his linen and towels daily. Wash out the tub after baths. He missed out on swimming this summer and gets teased at the playground. N
Now it spread to my baby.
I wish someone would have warned me whe she had just 1 that even though it isn't physically harmful it will continue to get much worse and is exhausting to care for

I used Dr. Gottleib. She's a woman doctor and extremely nice. You can try 718-486-9800 for an appointment.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 11:58 am
Just wanted to add that I just took my dd to the dermatologist today to get rid of her molluscum and she froze them instead of puncturing them. I asked her why and she said that she doesn't want to take a chance of spreading the virus. So, maybe something to ask the dr about.

Jeanette

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 12:03 pm
I am finally done with molluscum after almost a year. My daughter had it bad, all over her abdomen. At first I just ignored it but it kept spreading and spreading. There was one on her shoulder that she kept picking at and it got infected and needed antibiotics. So I would not recommend letting it take its course. It's easier to deal with in the early stages when there are just a few pimples. The doctor can put cantharone on it to make a blister. Tea tree oil did help in my daughter's case but we started using it very late, it might have been on its way out anyway.

Undefined

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 1:21 pm
Apple cider vinegar is the only thing that worked for us. Put it on with a q tip after a shower when it's all white and puffy, try not to get it on surrounding skin cuz it burns, then cover with band aid overnight. It should turn black and that means it's on its way out.

naomi2

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 2:45 pm
DUCT TAPE!!
it really works to suffocate them/tell the body to fight the virus and prevents spreading because it's covered and waterproof.
cover the spots with duct tape and remove in a few days and replace the tape.
It really worked for us.

lakewoodima

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 10:21 pm
my sister cuts them off carefully with a nailclipper - so far hasn't left any scarring and does the trick!

alwaysquestions

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 11:07 pm
My Dr also burnt it off .or put like a medicine to make it blistery. I knew it's a virus in,the body so even if the Dr removes them, they'll still get more till the virus is out of the system. I've heard of Apple cider vinegar helping but didn't try.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics