Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
ISO Lakewood yeshiva feedback

amother
Papaya

Post Sat, Sep 05 2015, 10:30 pm
I live in Lakewood and am heimish/chassidish. I am researching schools for my child who will be entering Primary next year. He is hearing impaired, and while right now he won't require any therapy in school, iy"h, I don't know how he will do in school. I am looking for a school that is willing to work with me, and will have the capabilities to deal with challenges that arise. I am getting so many conflicting opinions, I would love to hear from anyone who sent to a heimish Lakewood cheder, and how they dealt with any issues, from regular misbehaving in class to more serious things that required professional help.

The schools I am considering right now are Toras Emes (Lichtenstien), Talmud Torah Beis Avraham, Mesoras Avos, Darchei Avoseinu. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

groisamomma

Post Sat, Sep 05 2015, 11:02 pm
From the schools you listed your best bet is probably Masoras Avos. I know from some staff members as well as from parents that send there that they are well equipped to deal with learning issues. In fact, I just recently found out that two families whose fathers are very active in other chassidish chedarim each put one of their own boys there because they needed reading and language help. A close friend of mine works there and can probably tell you more. PM me if you're comfortable and I will give you her contact info.

amother
Papaya

Post Sat, Sep 05 2015, 11:46 pm
groisamomma wrote:
From the schools you listed your best bet is probably Masoras Avos. I know from some staff members as well as from parents that send there that they are well equipped to deal with learning issues. In fact, I just recently found out that two families whose fathers are very active in other chassidish chedarim each put one of their own boys there because they needed reading and language help. A close friend of mine works there and can probably tell you more. PM me if you're comfortable and I will give you her contact info.

Thank you! I PMed you. I would love to hear from anyone else who has feedback.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics