Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Stroller suggestion up to $600-$800 please
1  2  Next

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 3:01 pm
I have not bought a stroller in many years and I'm looking for that perfect combination of ease of mobility on the street, and portability for the car. The features that are important to me are as follows, in most to least important:

- Easy to push. I once owned a jogger that I could push with a finger if I was so inclined.
- Handles the bumpy sidewalks of NYC very well
- Folds small enough to fit into a small minivan trunk
- Baby faces me in newborn position
- Big basket
- Comes with cup holder and other accessories

Non negotiable: It must be appropriate for newborn through toddler years.

I would like the entire cost, including a bassinet any accessories I need to purchase to make it newborn appropriate to be under $800.

Any suggestions?

m+m

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 3:59 pm
I was very happy with my uppababy. Big basket, comfortable seat, bassinet option. Comes with mosquito net and rain cover.
It doesn't fold up as small as an umbrella stroller, but it folds up quite nicely for a full size stroller.
Does not come with cup holder, can purchase seperately.
Very easy to push, adjustable handle bar so a shorter person will have an easy time pushing as well.
Great on all kinds of sidewalk.

amazingmommy

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 4:09 pm
I love my pupa baby vista has all the above great things except that it needs to be separated to fold and not that small

voira

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 4:09 pm
The uppababy vista is not compact at all I would look into the baby jogger versa

mha3484

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 4:18 pm
The uppa 2015 collapses just fine. I can't see why it would not fit in a mini van trunk

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 4:20 pm
For those with the uppababy vista, how do you use it for a newborn? The carrycot looks nice but is a big expense for just a couple of months. And I noticed the uppababy carseat is a few hundred dollars which seems unnecessary to me.

amazingmommy

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 4:27 pm
The vista comes with a bassinet which is included in price.

mha3484

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 4:48 pm
I use the infant insert in the regular seat.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 4:55 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I use the infant insert in the regular seat.

As nice as the bassinet looks, I like this money saving option. The seat faces you? And how do you find the strolling on buckled pavement/city sidewalks? Is it an easy push?

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 5:01 pm
The uppababy Cruz is more compact I think. I have the vista 2014 and the fold is terrible. Everything else is good.

mha3484

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 5:08 pm
The push is awesome. I took it today to this great little farm in my area and had no complaints the baby got up close to all the animals. The seat goes both ways and the basket is enormous.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 5:45 pm
amother wrote:
The uppababy Cruz is more compact I think. I have the vista 2014 and the fold is terrible. Everything else is good.

I just read that the 2015 model has been updated to fold more like the Cruz, so it sounds hopeful! I'll have to try it out.

amazingmommy

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 5:56 pm
id you live in Brooklyn u can go to baby world on 73 rd and 15 well priced, and great service, they will show you everything.

user2

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 7:35 pm
I'm really happy with my peg perego book pop-up.
*it rides smoothly
*has bassinet. with great hood . you can fold it with bassinet on. looks nice too
*really big basket
*seat can face both ways- very easy to reverse (folds with seat on)
*easy one hand to fold
*not too many people have it!!!(which is why I love it! ive only seen one other person with it)
*seat and bassinet are big enough (wont outgrow bassinet too early)

price is $700 (you can pm me for seller)
additional accessories: *cup holder *raincover *tray *mosquito net *car seat *car seat adapter
*diaper bag

rosebunch

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 7:37 pm
Mamas and papas urbo 2. Pretty, folds easily (base folds flat down and then separate seat), comes with attached net to seat, and cup holder. The regular seat folds flat so there's no need to purchase the bassinet. Rain cover included.
My biggest advantage of this stroller was the ease of pushing it and the wider than normal seat. My babies tend to grow chubby and big and therefore I like the seat to be able to accommodate their size! Some strollers today look like they're made for dolls...
I paid $525 for the stroller in total (not including bassinet, which I did purchase separately) at dainty baby in boro park.

seeker

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 8:04 pm
The thing with Uppababy Cruz is that you won't have the option to add a second seat if you should want that later on. You'll have to start from scratch if you need a double later. Which is a shame after investing in a $700 stroller. The bassinet is included so that's not an added expense, but you can also get a sold-separately adapter for your carseat (though the cost of less expensive car seat + adapter may not be all that much less than just getting the UppaBaby car seat. I wouldn't know, I haven't price-checked it myself, just saying it's something to ponder)

Go to a store where you can test-drive and test-fold everything yourself, best way to know what you like because no two people are the same.

seeker

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 8:06 pm
rosebunch wrote:
Mamas and papas urbo 2. Pretty, folds easily (base folds flat down and then separate seat), comes with attached net to seat, and cup holder. The regular seat folds flat so there's no need to purchase the bassinet. Rain cover included.
My biggest advantage of this stroller was the ease of pushing it and the wider than normal seat. My babies tend to grow chubby and big and therefore I like the seat to be able to accommodate their size! Some strollers today look like they're made for dolls...
I paid $525 for the stroller in total (not including bassinet, which I did purchase separately) at dainty baby in boro park.

I've been seeing people push this on the streets more and more lately. I don't get the basket, though - it looks small (meaning shallow) and I don't get why they would do that because there seems to be plenty of room down there...

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 8:17 pm
seeker wrote:
The thing with Uppababy Cruz is that you won't have the option to add a second seat if you should want that later on. You'll have to start from scratch if you need a double later. Which is a shame after investing in a $700 stroller. The bassinet is included so that's not an added expense, but you can also get a sold-separately adapter for your carseat (though the cost of less expensive car seat + adapter may not be all that much less than just getting the UppaBaby car seat. I wouldn't know, I haven't price-checked it myself, just saying it's something to ponder)

Go to a store where you can test-drive and test-fold everything yourself, best way to know what you like because no two people are the same.

I checked out the uppababy 2015 as a potential double and imo it's way to squishy to be a good double.

seeker

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 8:33 pm
I wouldn't get it if I were looking for a double, but if you want a single stroller with an optional second seat in case you have another baby 2-3 years later and want the option for the toddler to sit, it looks like a good contender (compared to others in that class: Phil and Teds, City Select, Britax B-ready, not sure of others - bugaboo Donkey?! I have seen people using it in single mode and it seems awfully clunky...)

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 8:54 pm
I'll have about a 20 month gap, and the 2015 vista would not work for my toddler so I don't know about that. FYI the vista now costs about 1k. The donkey is a beast I can't imagine buying it if you ever want to take it in and out of a car.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics