Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Have you ever been recognized on imamother?
1  2  3  Next

trixx

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 6:04 pm
So many times I see posts (or post myself... guilty lol) that are anon bc "dont want to be recognized/have spoken about this IRL"

anyone ever been found out? either when using imamother or by posting under your own sn?

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 6:05 pm
Yes. I changed my screenname after that and try to be more careful with what I post.

trixx

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 6:21 pm
amother wrote:
Yes. I changed my screenname after that and try to be more careful with what I post.

whoa shock
I seriously thought it was a theoretical question

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 6:22 pm
Yes, but I was quite open so it was pretty obvious who I was to anyone who knew me. I didn't care. I don't post anything that I don't mind people knowing in my name. If there is something other than that I'd post anonymously, but I do that only very rarely.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 6:41 pm
I recognized a post of someone ready to birth her multiples by some of the story details. Was so exciting to be proved correct. I did learn her imamother "name" this way.

BrachaBatya

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 6:43 pm
Not that I know of! I think I'm pretty anonymous here. I also theorize that being more Modern Orthodox, I have a lesser chance of knowing the ImaMothers in real life. It seems that the majority of posters here are not MO like me. Unless I am misjudging! Who knows.

zaq

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 6:54 pm
Gracious, I hope not. How would I even know unless someone came up to me and asked "are you zaq?"

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 7:11 pm
Sometimes in conversations IRL where I mention a topic I also posted/chimed in on, I see a little glimmer of...is that recognition?...

But I live in a place where neither me nor lady #2 would ever admit it.

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 7:20 pm
Yes, by my daughter.
She said the amother post sounded just like me and as she read it, she heard it in her head in my voice.

smilingmom

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 7:35 pm
My website is part of my signature, so everyone can know who I am.
People have seen me at work and said 'are you smilingMom?'

Also when my daughters and I write as amother, we can often recognize the the post, because of the content.

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 7:37 pm
Anyone who was in Niagara Falls this summer knows who I am!

fbc

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 8:50 pm
I don't think anyone knows who I am, but as someone mentioned above, how would I know unless they asked me if I am fbc? And yes sometimes I post as amother, if it's info that I don't want ppl to figure out who it's coming from...

mommyla

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 9:00 pm
I was recognized by someone that I hadn't seen or spoken to in a long time. She PMed me (thanks again!). I hope that doesn't mean that I'm easily recognizable by people who are closer to me...

I've also recognized people by their posts (and no, I don't go digging to confirm my suspicions) but am never sure if they'd want to be told or not.

I've said this once and I'll say it again: if anyone out there recognizes me, PLEASE let me know!

seeker

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 9:21 pm
I was recognized a couple of times and got good and creeped out by it.The person messaged me (once on imamother, once elsewhere. I appreciated the imamother reveal because then at least I knew which imamother member was on to me!) Eventually I decided to stop bending over backward to hide myself, and just make sure to be careful not to post anything I wouldn't want known, which is a nice policy in the first place! Sometimes I question this life choice but I am still sticking with it. Hope I don't regret it someday! I think life is more fun this way.

trixx

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 9:35 pm
seeker wrote:
I was recognized a couple of times and got good and creeped out by it.The person messaged me (once on imamother, once elsewhere. I appreciated the imamother reveal because then at least I knew which imamother member was on to me!) Eventually I decided to stop bending over backward to hide myself, and just make sure to be careful not to post anything I wouldn't want known, which is a nice policy in the first place! Sometimes I question this life choice but I am still sticking with it. Hope I don't regret it someday! I think life is more fun this way.

that's interesting. I was thinking about owning up to the amother threads I started, but maybe not a good idea to connect the dots too much?

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 11:02 pm
amother wrote:
I recognized a post of someone ready to birth her multiples by some of the story details. Was so exciting to be proved correct. I did learn her imamother "name" this way.

Was it me?

youngishbear

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 11:03 pm
amother wrote:
Was it me?

Rolling Laughter

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 11:03 pm
amother wrote:

Or me?

Eta: youngish bear, we cross posted. My post isn't funny anymore, but I can't delete it. What

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 11:07 pm
I've said this before, but people don't really know who you are unless they ask. Years ago, I posted about something and someone claimed she knew me. Well, I wasn't who she thought I was and she wouldn't believe me and got really angry with me for not "coming clean" with who I was. I wasn't her!!!

amother
Black

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 11:28 pm
A friend of mine posts on here a lot and shares a lot of facts that are pretty identifying (where she lives, when she's pregnant, her job, etc.) She writes similarly to how she talks IRL so even sometimes when she posts anonymously, I know it's her.

I haven't told her because I think she'd be embarassed to know that I have read her "meant-to-be-amother" posts and identified her. I once knew she was pregnant way before she announced in public... embarrassed

I try to put myself in her shoes and I, too, think I would be embarrassed if I knew my friends knew some of things I wrote on here "anonymously". Better to keep my mouth shut, I think. Oh well...
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics