Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What's with all the "amother" posts?
Previous  1  2

justforfun87

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 6:43 am
I usually go anon when I am discussing people in my family. I have a lot of feelings to work out about them. I do know some people know my screen name and who I am. As not to embarrass my family I go anon.

ginevraweasley

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 2:46 pm
From the rules (http://www.imamother.com/forum/rules.php):

Quote:
The posts that are posted by "amother" are not all written by the same person. Amother is anonymous mask that you can use to post private things. Amother should not be used to attack another poster. Please do not use amother to post things which are not private or personal. If you want to post something anonymously that is not obviously private, please mention briefly your reason for anonymity in order to avoid criticism for over-use of amother.

So many people attack others behind the mask of amother. If you don't have the courage reply to a post non-anonymously because you are afraid of what people will think of your opinion on that post, what does that say about your comment?

bluebird

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 2:57 pm
It used to bother me, but at some point in my years here I just stopped caring, especially now that we have the color system to tell one amother from another (thanks, Yael!). The words matter, not he person.

Something else to think about is that someone may have a reason to say something anonymously even if it's not use identifiable. If you're part of an insular group, for example, and going against the flow with an opinion, action, or belief you might need to keep that quiet and not be able to say it without being anon.

chavs

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 3:04 pm
If it's something intensely personal or something that can affect family members, I post as another as a few ppl here know me irl and I have no desire for every little bit about me being known to ppl.
Otoh, I don't hide my opinions and stand my them. I have never posted an opinion under a sn no matter how unpopular it might be, if I wouldn't say or think it irl I shouldn't post it here, that's how I feel.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics